Eevee & Eeveelution Appreciation Thread - Collections, New Card Releases, General Chat

He’s about to spawn 50 new threads

1 Like

The spreadsheet has a ton of hours into it. Bulbapedia is nice for starting off, to get one of each artwork. But it’s super clunky because it is player focused, not collector focused. There could be 5 artworks and 10 variants listed under the same “card”.
Troll and toad is actually really useful for getting 95% of the English variants. 1st ed vs unlimited, holo vs reverse holo, etc. Then past e4 posts fill in the gaps like ex era codes. Japanese variants took a ton of time as there isn’t a great place to find them. The “other” languages have been discovered over the years. I like to think I have all the unique holos discovered, but who knows.

Also the big thing is having your species saved as a saved search on eBay. Then you can see every card listed for sale pop up so you don’t miss anything.

3 Likes

@eeveeteam, thanks to this thread you have inspired me to put together my own Eeveelutions collection! I think I’ll start with the originals from Kanto and see where I go from there. I never noticed how much awesome artwork there is of this species! I can’t wait to start this binder!

3 Likes

Totally agree. As much as Skyridge is leagues better than Aquapolis. The McDonalds one is just so much better. Wish there was a holo of it.

1 Like

AAAAAAAA

Bless you, Mr. Team :pray: After months of searching on eBay, Cardmarket and Buyee, it started to feel like I’d never find a copy. Especially one that looks like it’s in pretty good condition.

@rockabelltcg I’d be glad to work out a deal for the Jolteon once I get these in the mail :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wonder if E4 should just have a spreadsheet that has master sheets for every Pokémon. Kinda just have all the species collectors combine their spreadsheets into 1 file, with a tab for each mon. Because browsing through Bulbapedia, Pokumon, old threads, asking around, going through random Korean sites that cataloged the early sets, is a huge pain. Took forever to make my master list and even then I was missing a lot.

1 Like

Yes! I am so excited you bought that lot. And a double bonus that the Jolteon will also go to a good home. Now I am hoping the seller said Umbreon was holo by mistake and its actually mirror

2 Likes

I would love a website that is picture based. So you search Eevee and it shows every known copy in all variants. When you click on the image, a quick paragraph pops up talking about the release information.

If eBay wanted to, they would do this. A seller can click on the exact card they have and see other listings and sale history

2 Likes

Lol. Definitely sorted out thus far. :rofl:

I've put it in a spoiler, since non-mods probably can't see this yet.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

A Pokellector, but complete basically. That would be really nice.

1 Like

It’s one of the hardest choices there is

1 Like

Congrats, and what a recommendation by you Eeveeteam. Amazing work on the thread and Excel.

That reverse holo is one I’ve been after, been looking for over a year now and had a search on Mercari yesterday too. But I know sometimes the wording is a bit different so it’s just a guess a lot of the time. Nice someone could get it for getting closer to finishing the set apart from the insane cards. Speaking about insane cards, there is a Rumble on Mercari, but for a crazy price as you’d expect.

2 Likes

As long as there isn’t a Charizard thread :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you, and welcome back to the forum! Loved seeing your latest collection update.

The last two cards I need are definitely insane. Might be able to start looking for a mid-grade Fan Club Eevee with a few months of saving up and selling off other parts of my non-Eevee collection. But I’ll leave the Scramble Eevee chase up to @eeveeteam (for now) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Amazing!! Congratulations on the purchase!

2 Likes

Dang great job team

3 Likes

For Jungle holos, is it safe to say there are 3 holo patterns?
English (galaxy), Japanese (cosmos version 1), and European (cosmos version 2)

6 Likes

Oh boy. Time to shift all the cards in my binders again. Wonder if it actually is different, or if it’s just a case of the card being so scratched and dull it just doesn’t shine the same.

2 Likes

I just bought a Spanish Vaporeon so I should know next week if it’s any different or not. Will post detailed photos of the 3 different releases

3 Likes

Man I’m starin down a $2800 fan club eevee … woof. A few more months maybe

5 Likes