EBGames Stamped Promotional Cards (AUS/NZ) + New Temporal Promo

Being a Kiwi from New Zealand, we usually miss out on the fair share of regional exclusive promos especially those from the US, UK and Europe. However, that being said we do have the EB Games Promos which are an alternative to Gamestop, as in New Zealand and Australia stores are branded as such. Note, stores in Canada were branded as EBGames, and had some promos as such released, however since 2023, the new promos were NZ and AUS exclusive. I started collecting these promos since late last year with the Dragonite promo, but have since having some people message me about these from E4, have made an ebay store and resold some to US buyers.

With the increase in dedicated master sets as well as popular releases like that of the recent Charmander and Umbreon. I thought it might be nice to document the releases, and continue to update the forum on new releases. Currently there are 375 stores in Australia and 41 stores in New Zealand, with each store getting 0-3 boxes of 50 promos, this is based on when I talked to employees.

For the sake of relevance, I will not discuss Promos released before 2022 eg Canadian releases, but will update once I have the time.

2022 Silver Tempest Dragonite EB Games stamp Released in AUS and New Zealand

2022 Astral Radiance Hisuian Zoroark EB Games stamp Released in Only AUS

2023 Scarlet Violet Lechonk EB Games stamp Released in AUS and New Zealand

2023 Obsidian Flames Umbreon EB Games stamp Released in AUS and New Zealand

2023 Pokemon 151 Charmander EB Games stamp Released in New Zealand Only, (As of 30/12/2023)

2023 Iron Moth EB Games Stamp Released in New Zealand Only, (As of 30/12/2023)

Currently, the new releases has been NZ exclusive (based on AUS not releasing) and with the less than 5 times the number of stores the supply of new EB Promos may not be as plentiful, and very little New Zealanders use Ebay due to local alternatives. With that being said I’m trying to supply all collectors with these promos, but likely without AUS releasing future promotions the supply will be short and price will be elevated. EBay charges me around 20% fees after all the taxes added on and shipping charges are $20 US, hence it might not be worth every day collectors to resell overseas. That being said, I’m just posting this to give more awareness to the promos and also explain the difficulties that some may have to obtain recent releases. I will update this thread but feel free if anyone has info or questions, add and comment or private message me. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If you need a hand getting any of the Aus exclusive ones down the line, let me know. Happy to help out where I can.

2 Likes

I’m trying to get my hands on the Charmander and Iron Moth in Canada if you or anyone has some extras!

AUS won’t have either, they haven’t released there. You can message me, I sell on ebay but can save you the fees.

2 Likes

Update: After 3 months of NZ release. Charmander has released in AUS.

1 Like

I believe there are a couple of these EB Games promos that have a maple leaf beside the logo distinguishing the Canadian version from the Oceanic version.
Screenshot_20240201_192327_Google

Technically this would make the non Maple Leaf versions AUS/NZL exclusives as well.

5 Likes

Yes, you are correct. I know Flapple and Sandaconda had non-maple leaf versions. Duraldon is CA exclusive and there are french versions for Quebec CA i believe. I’ll update when I recieve them in the mail.

1 Like

New Promo Release → Temporal Forces
Koraidon EB Games Exclusive

6 Likes