eBay sellers sell bgs 9.5 and promise PSA 10 conversion

Lately, I’ve seen a lot of bgs 9.5 (most of them are 3x 9.5 and 1x 9 subs) and sellers always put “PSA 10 potent, PSA 10 controvertible” and other crap. Don’t they know, that to get a crossover you need a quad 9.5 and even then it’s not 100%. Or they know and just try to bs people.

2 Likes

yes

4 Likes

Sellers like this should imo always be avoided, why dont they regrade themselves if they are sure to get a PSA 10?

2 Likes

Anything that is advertised as a potential conversion is likely bs.

“VERY STRONG - REGRADE? PSA10?!?!?” -xX69cHAR1r1zRDpr0n69Xx

3 Likes

lol I’ve seen a guy trying to sell psa 9 at outragious price saying that “It’s a very strong 9 and regrade is highly possible”

This is all the residual effect of the last decade of new collectors creating the “strong/weak” category. I started grading Pokémon cards in 1998. For the next 10 years nobody even mentioned strong/weak. Sometimes you got a surprise 10 and other times a disappointing 8. It evened out. The grade was the grade. I don’t recall even once getting asked for “extra pictures”. As long as we could see the label All was well.
Now the grade is picked apart like a rabbit after the vulture gets done with it. It takes some of the satisfaction and fun out of it on both the buyers and the sellers end.

6 Likes

Even then it’s extremely subjective as we can tell from the Guess The Grade thread.

Good point. Everything from a 6 to a 10 lol.

2 Likes

Yes, but sometimes I really wonder how the heck this card got 10? OCed and with visible to the naked eye edge wear. Did PSA standards went down or do they just hire lazy-ass employees and pay them minimal wage?

I’ll address this: in my many years of experience I have noticed a drop off from when the new clam shell case was introduced with the foil security stamp. If I have a choice between the two I would always pick the older one.the question is why? Maybe it’s partly due to the increase in submissions.

1 Like

Once you’re done buying those bgs cards let me know. I’ve got a big inventory of snake oil I need to move.

1 Like

But is it strong or weak snake oil :wink:

4 Likes

It’s whatever one people pay more for

The sellers know, it’s probably in a BGS case because it didn’t get a PSA 10

3 Likes