Ridiculous PSA 10 Grades (manipulated?)

Hey, I don’t wanna create any conspiracy theories and this might be a dumb question, but do you think it’s possible that there are people who get constantly better grades than other people because they are friends with some psa-employees? Or that psa-members grade there own cards? The thing is, I’ve seen it a couple of times in the past months that a certain seller on ebay is constantly having extremely weak psa 10s on his auctions.
Of course, we all have been lucky with some cards - you win some, you loose some, I get it. But it’s a bit strange that it’s always the same seller who offers those weak 10s and 9s. And not just 4 or 5 cards, I’m talking about a lot of cards on a regular base.

Here are some examples of cards I’m talking about (all of them received the psa 10 grade):
imgur.com/a/9nvPB1r
I don’t wanna discredit the seller, that’s why I don’t wanna say his name here, but it’s always the same one.

Hmm i wonder who this could be @trainofthought

4 Likes

Yes, that IS a dumb question and no it’s NOT possible;)

1 Like

fuck off lol, i would never make a troll thread.
power abuser.
w0000000000ly

2 Likes

And I find strangely that adding “Leonhart, where we’re more than a channel, we’re a community” has an opposite effect :thinking:

2 Likes

Haha…hilarious:)

1 Like

This wasn’t supposed to be a troll-thread. I feel kinda dumb now that it seems to look like a troll thread though. ^^

i know it wasn’t supposed to be a troll thread, but my boy @woolsluk thought otherwise.

But how is it possible then that EVERY single psa 10 from this seller looks like the cards from the pictures I uploaded? As I said, I understand that psa isn’t perfect and gives weak 10s from time to time, but all of his 10s where so bad that it looked tampered to me.

I mean the seller you fool :joy:

1 Like

Shit happens

3 Likes

i just reported your post, shouldn’t you be moderating that LOL.

@umbreon87 There is no one answer. Most likely a combination of how the cards are submitted, the size of the order(s), oversight by the grader, etc. Also we don’t know the sample size of the individual mentioned. Perhaps they are selling the soft or misgraded cards. We simply don’t know.

The “popularity” suspicion is a myth. PSA barely has the time to enter and process orders. Also they have much larger clients than anyone in Pokemon. Regardless, they are just as hard on me or Gary as a new submitter. In fact, the other day Gary mentioned how his last batch of grades were harsh.

tl;dr: shit happens

2 Likes

It’s japan_daiskui if anyone was curious. I think there are many better explanations for this other than a grand conspiracy of nepotism inside PSA.

4 Likes

Alright. Thanks a lot for your thoughts, scott. :blush:

The graders have no clue who’s cards they’re grading which pokes a hole the size of the great Black one in your theory;)

Plus, as Scott mentioned, they wouldn’t care anyway.

Well, they would know it, if they would grade there own cards, sended in by someone else, or, as I said, they are friends with one of the senders and know which cards he sended.
But don’t get me wrong, I don’t wanna say that that’s the case, I just think it’s strange that this seller has SO many of these weak 10s while other sellers only have a few of them. Maybe he only sells his weaks 10s, as scott said, which makes sense…

But the real question is: How in the world can the grader not see all this edgewear? That’s a huge quality problem psa has in my opinion.

Because the odds are against your conspirator would get that order to grade. It would be given randomly to any of the graders. Also, 10s are often double checked by lead graders. Finally, if a pattern developed PSA, which is a publicly traded company, would be all over it.
Now go back to Big Foot or the Lockness Monster. You’d have a better chance of finding someone interested;)

The question is still the same: How can they miss damages like this?

And you seems to be interested, if you are always answering, right? :wink:

with 9 and 10s having such big price gaps in some cards we know people crack 9s and re submit them over and over and just wait for the lucky 10 to sell. why only do it with one card? wouldnt be suppried if people did full submissions with them and thats how i would guess you see that seller with alot of poor 10s. could also just have corrupt staff.
who knows :wink: