eBay Authenticity Guarantee

I sold three cards to the same buyer, two of which have the authenticity guarantee. He bought the first and shortly afterwards purchased the second. He then proceeded to tack on a third cheap card without the guarantee. Here’s my concern:

The first order generated an eBay number for authenticity. Since the second order was separate, it generated a different number but to the same address. The third card is direct to the buyers address.

Do I just send all three to the authenticator with the two different eBay numbers?

I feel like I’m in math class with this question.

Pretty sure you are going to send three separate packages in this situation. Two to the authenticator and one directly to the buyer.

I had someone buy three cards in the same order and I had to ship one card to the authenticator due to value and the other two I shipped straight to the buyer.

Edit: You might be able to combine the authenticator orders if they are the same address so it might just be two packages.

7 Likes

I think it’s probably similar to how GSP works, which is to say if they checked out separately/ebay has given you separate reference numbers, send them to the authenticator separately. And the third card will go straight to the buyer.

I had a similar situation happen to me. You are going to have to ship 3 individual packages to the buyer. You aren’t allowed to combine orders when it comes to Authenticity Guarantee items.

2 Likes

I just got a call back from eBay. Unfortunately there must be three separate packages for this or else the authenticity will fail. I already combined shipping for him via invoice. Oh well. Live and learn for next time. Hopefully someone else sees this and saves a few bucks by having this knowledge.

2 Likes

So if they combine the first two prior to purchasing can you send one package to the authenticator?

Ebay splits it into 2 seperate orders.

2 Likes

That is my understanding. If he would have not paid then I could have invoiced him for the combination. Although I’m unsure how the third card would work in that situation.

1 Like

I bought a $500 card described as “no bends of creases” and when I got the card there was a small crease down the right side. I submitted a return case and It was closed like 20mins later and the email said that they don’t accept return for INAD since their “Authentication Partners throughly check the item” (AKA Timmy’s pizza greased minimum wage fingers)

Anyone have a similar situation and successfully get a return case through?

1 Like

This was a really good question to have cleared up. Thanks for checking. I’m sure someone will want to (non-maliciously even) combine shipping. Good to know it’s a “ebay requires this _____” response.

1 Like

I would be livid