E4's Favorite Kanto Eevolutions (Closed)

I said what I said.

2 Likes

Agreed. Itā€™s still my favorite Vaporeon card to this day. Same with Jungle Flareon.

1 Like

The skyridge Jolteon could be a contender for ā€˜worst card artwork of all timeā€™.

I wouldnā€™t be opposed to seeing that poll. @inertgeomety coming through with a banger once again - thank you for all your expended effort on these threads! Theyā€™re some of my favorite to participate in each week.

5 Likes

a little less than a day left on this. hopefully we can get a few more participants before everything closes.

3 Likes

So many good cards with this trip. Thank you @inertgeometry for putting these together!

1 Like

I have been patiently waiting for this. Great job @inertgeometry !

Iā€™ve been waiting for this poll to drop and to have the time to a proper write up. IMO the original three eeveelutions are one of the most well designed parts of PokĆ©mon. Back when RBY were released, it was a real choice to have to pick which one you were going to use since breeding was not yet a thing and you only got one Eevee in Celadon City. Getting the corresponding evolution stone from the department store and using it added an extra level of special.

As far as the TCG goes, I think all three Eeveelutions had amazing cards with their debut in Jungle up until the early EX era where things began to taper off with a few notable exceptions. The recent SWSH era cards are excellent and overall Eeveelution collectors are eating good.

3 Likes

I know their eyes are supposed to be black, but so many of these just look so cold and deadā€¦must be difficult to bring life to them.

Burp yup yup eating well here you can pass to Saffron gulp gulp

3 Likes

Trio Tiebreaker Poll:

• Jungle
  • Special Art Vs
0 voters
2 Likes

People voting both kawayoo flareons that low is a sin. But very happy to see light jolteon on its rightful place, very surprised tho that the first alt art or similar isnā€™t higher than #8. Also kinda wondering why jungle jolteon was so low, after all as part of the trio it finished right at the top

1 Like

I voted jolteon as best design of the three, but I didnā€™t vote for the jungle card. I find the perspective really odd with the giant paw in the foreground

1 Like

kawayoo has a divisive style. you either like it or donā€™t which will hurt their results.

however, I feel you. I am confused about the SP Flareon placing so low.

Look at emā€¦ What is there not to like?

1 Like

Jungle Jolteon got done dirty.

2 Likes

You got the design results mixed up. Time for a well deserved break!

1 Like

now that the polls have closed, I thought it would be worth circling back to this

Top 3

• 0 - Vaporeon
  • 2 - Jolteon
  • 1 - Flareon

Top 10*

• 5 - Vaporeon
    • *technically had a tie for 10/11, so you could say 6 out of the top 11
  • 2 - Jolteon
  • 3 - Flareon

Top 25

• 9 - Vaporeon
  • 6 - Jolteon
  • 10 - Flareon

Top 54 (because of a tie between 48-54)

• 18 - Vaporeon
  • 13 - Jolteon
  • 21 - Flareon
  • 1 - BW-P Stadium (Cameo)

after that it evens out relatively due to the worst placing ones going to the generic GX, V, and VMAXes.

3 Likes

thank you for catching it!

2 Likes

I didnā€™t even realize kawayoo was divisive, but it certainly does seem so with how low his arts have placed in multiple polls.

1 Like

its the case with anyone who is so stylistic. you either ā€œget itā€ or itā€™s just whatever

Lighting, saturation, background. Maybe a hot take but I personally think Fukuda is one of the weakest artists in the hobby.

2 Likes