E4 Evolution Design Contest Entry and Sign Up! - REGISTRATION CLOSED

E4 Evolution Design Contest

December 13th is my 10 year anniversary of signing up to E4. Some would say this is a good thing, some would say it is bad.
I want to celebrate by running an evolution design contest and giving out some prizes.

Badges will be given out to the winner(s), and physical prizes will be sent by me!

The final day for entries will be December 20th, and the winner(s) will be decided shortly after.
There will be a poll held to determine a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winner and it will be voted on by the community. ENTRY IS OPEN WORLDWIDE (unless you are in a warzone or something)

Prizes:
3rd place: Pokemon Arceus Legends OR Pokemon Snap! Poster (3rd place choice)
2nd place: Pokemon Arceus Legends Steelbook + Rayquaza and Charizard Pokemon Centre Binder
1st place: Sealed Battle Styles Booster Box

Overview:

You are designing a new Pokemon evolution and submitting it through the Google Form at the end of this post. You can draw, paint, 3D generate/print, mold, whatever it takes to bring your vision to life.

Post in this thread to signify your intention to enter, but please post your entries in the google form and not in the thread.

Please read the rules below for the design parameters.

Rules:

1. This must be a NEW evolution(or pre-volution) for a Pokemon that already exists. It cannot be a re-imagining or redesign.

2. If a Pokemon has received ANY of the following in the past it cannot be chosen for this contest:
    New evolution
    New alternative form (G-max, past+future forms etc)
    Mega evolution

3. A name and typing are required for your Pokemon. A lore write up is encouraged but NOT a requirement.

4. The new evolution must have a followable coherency. (Dodrio evolving into a spaceship does not make sense)

5. Pokemon that already have a Basic, Stage 1, and Stage 2 cannot be chosen. (Starters, pseudo legendaries etc)

6. It goes without saying but please make sure your entries are content appropriate. Anything including nudity, hate symbols, racism, or slurs of any kind will be discarded.

Entry form:

Good luck to everybody and I cannot wait to see the designs you come up with!

If you have any questions or need clarification on rules please feel free to ask!

26 Likes

Happy anniversary

Clarifying that it must be evolution/pre-evolution, not an alternate form (like galarian meowth) or alternate evolutionary split (something similar to gallade/gardevoir)?

Correct.

If we are shit at art, do we still stand a chance through innovation or are the winners likely to be exceptional artists (e.g., E4 Art Contest)? Looking to understand the grading scale to know if we plebeians are still in the running.

Either way, I’ll try to submit something!

5 Likes

Sweet. Im in. Ummm… how detailed do the entries need to be art wise?

1 Like

@Dyl as well.

The entries need to detailed enough so that we can all see what the intention is and to see your evolution design for how you see it. So the art not being exceptional isn’t really a problem in this sense.

Artwork that is perhaps not as ‘good’ as someone who does this for a living can certainly be made up for with a vivid description and intelligent design/typing/lore, personally the ‘quality’ of the art is only as good as the design itself.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Real only reason I got an A in art in high school is because I called every single one of my pieces “abstract”

6 Likes

I’ll try to eke out an entry. Though with E4 Secret Santa prep, I may not make it in time. Happy anniversary, and thanks for holding another fun community event!

1 Like

I’m in! I already have my idea worked out in my head! Now to find time to actually draw it …

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary! Well yes sir. I’ll give it a shot.

4 Likes

Happy Anniversary! Please count me in to submit an entry.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Awesome idea!
Submitted an entry of my favorite non-evolving buttfaced sea urchin Pokémon…
Can’t wait to see what others have made.

1 Like

Ooh, this is something i have to try!

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together, I can’t wait to see what people imagine! Count me in!

1 Like

@milhouse Question. Can we upload multiple files? Also, Could you clarify pseudo legendary? Thank you

Pseudo-legendaries are all 2 stage evolution lines so I just used them as an example along with starters. But pseudo-legendaries is any Pokemon with a BST of 600 that is not a legendary Pokemon.

Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, Kommo-o, Dragapult, and Baxcalibur are all the pseudo-legendary Pokemon.

I have enabled up to 5 files to be uploaded in the submission.

1 Like

My parents were helping with kids during weekend so managed to already finish my drawing, now i just have to wait for that 3 minute period of sunlight in finland to take decent photos of it!

Also on side note, this is my 1000th post on E4, i’m very slowly filling the internet with my nonsense :partying_face:

11 Likes

First sunny moment after my last post, photographing time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes