DPPt/HGSS Era Thoughts

Outside of the SL series in Call of Legends is there really any hard to find or chase collectible cards from this era?

You can look for the reprint cards with the yellow portrait borders. The Charizard specifically is a hard grade and the Pikachus from Rising Rivals and birds from Supreme Victors are very nice. The LEGEND cards are the best though. Absolutely incredible artwork; best from the era. The Lv.X and Prime cards look nice together and aren’t expensive at all. The ex era is picking up more though and they are comparable.

1 Like

In terms of PSA, reverse holo shiny pokemon from the SH subset between Stormfront and Arceus, are near impossible for 10, and theres definitely a few with still pop 0 10s, last time i checked population report

This is even true for the japanese versions of the shiny pokemon. Some are literally impossible to find mint.

For sure, I pulled the vulpix out of a pack a few years ago, lots o whitening and a few scratches on the back :sob:
As for desirable, Leafeon and Glaceon Lv X are near impossible to find in mint condition.

I know the question is more leaning toward high value cards but the HGSS sets have some of the most beautiful artwork imo. Definitely some of the best since the Gen 2 WOTC era cards.

I think that the HGSS era artwork is amazing too but the best art is in the regular rares and regular holo rares. The Lv Xs and Primes aren’t that amazing imo. Maybe it’s just too early to tell.

1 Like

I agree with this. I always loved secret wonders Holo cards

I think PSA 10 cards from some of these sets could pretty much come out of nowhere, considering they are still pop 0 and earn more than people would expect. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some desirable English ultra rares hit $300+ from these sets in the next 2-3 years.

Personally I feel non-WOTC sets Pre BW are all underrated, especially non ultra rares. There were tons of cards with cool artwork, also plenty that looked weird or not as good, but they had a uniqueness to them. From what I remember, cards from HGSS+COL series damaged very easily, making 10’s hard to attain

do you have links to these please?

I feel like the SH shinies would be much more sought after if they didn’t get that awful, easily scratched reverse foil. They would’ve been amazing with the cosmos holo bleed.