Doesn't this look shady?

Would you bid on this? Looks like a reseal if I ever saw one. Looks like a ton of shill bids too… :slightly_frowning_face:

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Base-Set-Unlimited-Booster-Box-English-Sealed-W-Case/353249075454?hash=item523f4920fe:g:SHEAAOSwdhNfk1xF

1 feedback? naw.

2 Likes

About as real as Pamela Anderson’s breasts.

4 Likes

The box looks fine to me…it just has a tear in the shrinkwrap. I don’t see any evidence that it’s not legitimate.

1 Like

He has multiple boxes for sale and they are all on the same background. If it were a scammer, chances are each one of those boxes would have a different background. Now, he may not actually ship them to you, but I believe he owns them.

1 Like

I don’t think it looks that shady.

The box looks bad but can’t say forsure its resealed but I would pass on it.

The ebay sellers with random words followed by 4-5 numbers always scare me haha.

That’s just how eBay randomly generates usernames

1 Like

eBay generated name, 1 feedback, trying to sell multiple high-end products…I wouldn’t buy. I’d rather meet in person or something like that.

Look, I’m not saying he’s a scammer.

We’ve all started out with 1 feedback before, but I’m sure our first several listings weren’t $1000,s of dollars either soooo. That’s why I’m not a buyer.

1 Like

Yeah, that is a bit of a warning sign to me. I’m not saying good sellers cant have randomly generated names, but I think it’s just one of those things that makes you be more cautious. It’s like risk scoring a customer in E-commerce, there’s a lot of factors that can be useful in helping determine authenticity.

the 5th picture from the top, doesnt help this case as it looks like a crappy wrap job. box looks suspect as hell. gotta hate it when low feedbackers and new accounts sell extremely expensive high end products. And then there’s a hole going right through the middle of it.

You can risk it and ask for money back, even tho it’s a pain in the ass

Amazing profile pic :grin:

1 Like

Like others have said, I don’t think the box looks especially shady, but the 1 feedback does it for me lol

Thanks for all the input!
Yeah… As other posts have mentioned. As these boxes get more and more ridiculous in price, I imagine the source/origin or reputation of the seller is going to matter more.

@papafrankgod, thanks! from the looks of it, you are also indeed a man of culture :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I meant the whole thing given the seller, not the box itself.

The seller being new isn’t evidence that the box is illegitimate. It would make me less confident in the box than if I was buying it from an established seller, but it doesn’t make the box fake.

way to beat the joke to death man. Read my post, I said not the box itself.

1 Like

First item I sold on eBay was a first Ed fossil box. I think if you have zero or very low feedback, you should make note of it in the description and also include username in the photo

Regardless, the wrap does look a little sketchy. I’d personally stay away unless I have a separate convo with seller to confirm its legitimate