Do you think in the Future of Human History... Charizard / Pokemon would be forgotten?

Do you think 500 years or even 1000 years from now, Pokemon as a whole could be forgotten as the world forgets it completely exists, as there are a lot of things from the past that have probably been wiped from our books? Or is Pokemon too big of an IP for that to ever happen?

2 Likes

Maybe this thread will be what keeps it alive 500 years from now! :brain:

24 Likes

So far, the majority of things that last centuries and millenia are religious beliefs/artifacts, currencies, and infrastructure (Roman Coliseum).

If Pokemon somehow sneaks into a historically significant tier alongside the Bible, ill shit in my hands and clap.

13 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Did I hear Pokemon and religious beliefs?

11 Likes

WTF IS THIS LOL

The cabal will not be happy about these secrets getting out…

6 Likes

yes

Maybe a base set charizard and a few other card survived and will be the equivalent of the rosetta stone today and people will try to decipher Pokemon again.

1 Like

5 bucks that pkmn will be no more in 1000 yrs. Thats like 200 new generations…

Eventually fossils will be replaced w junk slabs like charizard V swsh050 lol

honestly yeah, I wonder what will happen to the 50,000 psa 10 championpath charizards

3 Likes

I think it would just be a very small part of the cultural history of homosapiens
Eventually man will progress and become an improved model and in a broad view of history, Pokemon will be a piece of history and nothing more.
But only because we are talking about such a huge order of magnitude.

It might be used as an example of our unnecessary use of plastics :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

when they hit 100K they will get a reprint

There have been over 50 billion cards printed, and even today there are surviving printed books over 500 years old. I’m willing to bet even if there was some kind of global apocalypse some cards would survive into the next millennium. Not to mention all the more durable merchandise and artifacts.

And if humanity gets its shit together and there are no cataclysms, Pokemon could last millions of years. We’re in the Information Age, information doesn’t die unless we let it.

Yes, I think it will be forgotten. Not completely lost, but forgotten in the general populations memory. From an economic and cultural standpoint pokemon certainly has earned its place because of the impact it has had. Will it be mentioned in history and economics textbooks? Probably. But culturally? I would be amazed if it was still generally known.

2 Likes

Think of all the cultural doings and artifacts that have withered away in the past 200 years.

I think the more poignant question is whether Pokemon will be around in 100-200 years when all of us (and the original creators, artists, actors, etc.) will be dead and long forgotten.

2 Likes

IMG_2313

3 Likes

Pokemon will have a boom 973 years from now when Logan Paul is thawed from being cryogenically frozen and opens a base box for the 1000th anniversary. :melting_face:

32 Likes

bold of you to think that people will even exist in 1000 years

7 Likes