Do you guys keep your cards with you or store them in vaults

Raw cards are sleeved in toploader. Extra spaces in the ware are filled with (rolled up) paper towels.

1 Like

No safes. If they were small, likely would be taken. If they were large it’s unlikely in that time frame they would have gotten into it. You have other things to consider, if I had a collection of extremely high value items in a safe, would it possibly end in a confrontation because they stayed longer to attempt to open it? These are not good people and the last thing they want is someone identifying them or calling 911. Just something to consider. This all happened as my mom left to go to the local grocery store. But my dad came home about 10 minutes later. He walked into the house and noticed the back door was open. He thought that was odd. He also noticed our family dog seemed to be acting weird. Then he noticed the broken window in the family room. That’s how they gained entry. Went to every bedroom, every drawer was pulled out and dumped on the floor. The bedrooms were a mess. All the closets contents thrown everywhere. They didn’t appear to have gone into the garage or kitchen though. We also made a mistake of leaving all our blinds open, I can imagine it being much riskier to make a ruckus blindly as you are breaking into a house not knowing if someone is standing there with a weapon or calling 911. So our mistake for sure. You just never think it will happen to you until it does and it’s too late. Upper middle class neighborhood, which now I know are great targets. Ultimately we lost material items that can be replaced, nobody was hurt, but felt pretty violated.

3 Likes

I store extra in the PC, and when that’s full, I use proper data disposal procedures.

1 Like