Did Akabane reveal an uncut Fan Club Gyarados?

Are those square cut snap cards? Or is his style of picture just making everything look square cut?

Uncut sheet

1 Like

When I first saw the Shining Magikarp/Shining Gyarados uncut sheet, I thought it was related to Awakening Legends :jp: variants. However, I noticed later that the Shining Magikarp was the Fan Club version. So … this made me think that it was going to be a Fan Club Shining Gyarados available, but was cancelled for unknown reasons (Personally, I guess it was because a large amount of points are needed in order to redeem it, but I consider that there’re other reasons)

What did Akabane mean by all this??? Everything is very mysterious…

Scan from Page 45 of “Pokémon Card Trainers Magazine Vol.11”

Am I the only one who is praying that these never come to auction?

Incredible.

7 Likes

Yes, because then some rich jackass would buy it and cut it up, destroying a true piece of Pokémon history.

9 Likes

What kind of Monster would do such a thing??

See the disco and cosmos base set sheets, among many other variants of sets never turned into real cards

2 Likes

yea, plenty of people, unfortunately lol. when big $$$ is involved, people do the darndest things

2 Likes

Defeated GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Snap, Concept Card, and now Fan Club Shining Gyarados…

Sadness aside, it would be really cool if they released some of the never used concepts as actual cards. Kind of like how they made Ooyama’s Chansey from the Creature’s Deck.

8 Likes

I really hope that he can somehow put a museum together for these. Get compensated for the pieces of pokemon history, but also not ruin them or have them end up in a private collection. These are insane!

3 Likes

Thoughts on the value of square cut snaps? Id say they’d be valuable but at half of an regular cut one is.

Seeing all these cards make me so happy, best Pokemon related news I’ve seen this year. Gyarados is so beautiful.

Mad respect to people who managed to keep these gems hidden 20+ years, can’t remember anyone talking rumours about possible Fan Club Gyarados.

7 Likes

So we gonna see Jamboree?

It’s pretty impressive how there were no rumors! There are a few other secrets japan keeps to themselves. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

We already got the big Jamboree reveal

4 Likes

1 Like

Akabanes Instagram be like:
post food
post food
Pokemon prototype cards
post food
post food
post food
Snap Promo Uncut sheet and Fan Club Gyarados