DHL shipping?

Ever had anything lost or not make it from DHL express international?

Looking to purchase something from Japan, I didn’t realize I needed to specify insurance before an invoice was created. I’ve requested a new invoice, but honestly… I’m more worried they will just cancel the order if it goes to long and I don’t want that. It’s a larger purchase of around 1k. Worth the gamble? If it was USPS local it would be a big no for me lol. But I feel a little safer with a DHL or Fedex unless everyone feels otherwise.

Ive only had something delivered by them once and everything went smoothly. It was a $400 purchase from Japan and it got to me within 3 days of shipping which is pretty amazing. I also had a box of product come in from Japan recently by FedEx international (about $1k) and I honestly preferred DHL just going by delivery speed, tracking, and signature upon delivery.

I have used DHL over a dozen times since COVID and it’s always been 100% perfect! I request it from Japanese sellers now if not offered.

Dhl are very quick and hassle free. Highly recommend.

I had a ~$2k package from Buyee end up arriving to me in NY <24hrs after I requested for shipment and paid the ~$60 fee for DHL shipping.

2 Likes

I have had a pokemon booster box with a deck and several single cards from Japan sent via DHL arrive issue free.

But what I bought were low value items so I can’t say much in regards to expensive item/s costing 1k and over.

Pretty pricey if you live out in the country in a rural area but it’s pretty fast and in some countries either DHL or Fed Ex are still your only options.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I purchased from Mandarake. I just don’t want them to cancel the order, so I have been thinking about just paying the invoice for it uninsured versus waiting to long on the updated invoice.

DHL is awesome. Already got my package From Japan in 36 hours from paying.

Card was a No Rarity Charizard. Much cleaner than I hoped. Soooo pumped.

1 Like

I guess I’m cursed with DHL. I’ve had 4 experiences with them, all bad. I’m in Canada so maybe it varies by country.

One package I’ve had delivered to wrong address, then the truck came to my house and delivered a import tax invoice to the correct address without a package. Took a week with support to finally get it back.

Current package - was estimated delivery by August 4th with their $40 express:

I feel like I don’t wanna go on lol. I’ve had no issues with FEDEX if you’re from Canada. If not, other people here seem to have had no issues.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that man, stories like that^ are why I waited to get the updated invoice for insurance.

I was stressing though. Because I felt like I underpaid for the card, and technically, while I was waiting on the updated invoice, the card was unpurchased and only ordered lol.

When I feel like I’m getting a deal. I need that transaction to be done, and I’m nervous until it ships

yeah, I lost plenty of my packages thanks to DHL too

@surudrump, Posts in threads with a last post of over two months ago are against the rules. Please read the rules before posting further.