Designing and 3D Printing a Graded Card Stand

I think alternative materials would be cool as it would stand-out. Metal would be siiiiick!

1 Like

Or, if you figured a way to make it look metal. Concrete would be badass in my opinion too as the weight would add value in people minds.

1 Like

Cool idea my dude, here’s my thoughts for whatever they’re worth:

I like the idea of custom PSA card stands made by a fellow E4 member. For me, the biggest disconnect between thinking “cool idea” and actually making a purchase depends on the price per unit. I’ve seen other people make 3D printed PSA stands before but then ask for $20 per stand. Personally, I’d probably be willing to pay $1 per stand at larger quantities (I have no idea about 3D printing costs so I have no idea if this is profitable). I’d highly recommend making these as affordable as possible if you want to be competitive.

From what I know, there are a few types of card stands capable of holding PSA cards. Acrylic stands, wooden eisels, custom 3D printed stands, and the big official PSA stand. Each of those types have their positives and negatives. Acrylic stands are cheap but flimsy and sometimes unstable. Wooden Eisels can be too tall. Custom 3D printed stands are usually very expensive. Finally, the official PSA stand is nice looking but would be difficult to display many cards at once.

In addition, I’d recommend making stands available in a variety of colors to appeal to collectors who might want to match the color of the card with the color of the stand.

1 Like

You made a very promising first step. I’d like to see your stand in see-through plastic, so it distracts as little as possible from the card. Also it’s currently a bit too massive for my taste. Are you trying to make one stand for all slabs (PSA and BGS)?

Check out my friend @standupdisplays on IG. He checks all these boxes.

1 Like