Dent or No Dent?

Please vote below to let me know what you think!

I recently bought a PSA 10 Forina’s Absol on Mercari Japan. I was hesitant at first because of the pictures. There looks to be a large horizontal dent/crease along the top of the card. It’s easily visible on the backside of the card. I think it is likely a dent caused by the sealing process at PSA. Alternatively, I have seen dents caused by the sealing process at PSA and have never seen one go so cleanly across the entire width of the card so it’s possible it is a shadow, print line, or something else.

Here are photos from the listing as well as the PSA scans. I can’t 100% tell if it shows up on the scan. I feel like I can see a similar line across the top on the back, but maybe me eyes are playing tricks on me. The price was too good, especially with the 20% off coupon, so I just bought it. Figured if I want to, then I can just send to PSA for review if it is a dent.

It will likely be three or so weeks before I get the card in hand depending on the arrival of the other items I bought and the international shipping. Let me know what you think now and I will update everyone once it’s here.

• Dent
  • No Dent
0 voters

That should be just the PSA case and not the card. I had a few PSA cards like that in the past

2 Likes

I’m confident that’s just a shadow from the cover on the case.

4 Likes

Agreed, I’m thinking the same thing!

2 Likes

I don’t see a dent either

1 Like

Let’s hope it was a shadow from the sleeve that went over the PSA case. Gotta protect the protection!

2 Likes

I’m voting no dent. Usually, I can see dents on the PSA scan pretty easily. I think it’s a shadow like others are saying.

2 Likes

You guys are making my concerns disappear. Does anyone feel like they can see the line across the top of the card in PSA scan or is it just my eyes playing tricks?

No, I can’t. I think your brain is playing tricks on you!

3 Likes

I cannot see it in the PSA scan either. And it appears that the “shadow” follows the focal point to the light source relative to the card’s slightly angled position in the case. Plus, there appears to be no crease in the near-straight-on rear view, so I’m pretty confident in saying it’s a shadow as well. Great card and release, if you ask me!

1 Like

It is without a shadow of doubt, the shadow of the sticky flap of the slabsleeve. Nothing to worry about.

As most of you surmised, there was no dent on the card! Thankfully it was just the shadow from the graded card sleeve. I would have been so disappointed if it was a dent after near everyone said it wasn’t. Thanks for voting and easing my concerns!

4 Likes