Dark Chansey collection - WOTC Only

Hello lovely E4 community!

I started collecting Pokemon cards when I was a kid (base set just came out at the time) and quickly stopped after fossil release.
If I could get back in time, I would tell to myself : “Don’t stop collecting fool, don’t sell your cards… You will regret it 20 years later” ^^

But I always loved the Pokemon game and finally came back to the hobby with the release of Pokemon X & Y (no I didn’t wait for Pokemon Go).
From this moment, it was only a matter of time before I started back to collect cards… And it finally happened in August 2017 when I bought a booster box with the release of Sun & Moon : burning shadows.
I enjoyed the experience but I quickly understood that I definitely prefer WOTC cards, then I created an Ebay account in December 2017 and started my Base Set cards hunting.

I am a small collector, I can’t spend thousands dollars / month, but I do my best to find the best deals, so I thought it would be nice to get the point of view from a small collector like me ^^

I recently purchased my first +200$ graded card for wich I totally felt in love and wanted to share this with you :grin:

13 Likes

Hi @darkchansey!

Nice Beckett Golem ya got there

I too love the WOTC era compared to newer sets. Childhood memories, desirability, artwork… I could go on!
What draws you to that era too?

For me Dark Gengar is proof of how great that time was for art

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing story, love this golem art.

3 Likes

Thank you! Desirability and artwork drives me, I discovered this Golem very recently and I didn’t hesitate to put my money on it.
Golem is one of my favorite pokemon, like Dragonite and Gengar for instance, so I try to collect my favorite artwork of these pokemons.

Besides that, I recently completed my 1st edition french base set, now I have to finish the shadowless set and maybe one day the 1st edition english base set ^^
I totally agree with you and I love this Gengar too, I need to add him to my collection :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for your comment @rivenonetrick :blush:

1 Like

That’s a great collection you got starting to build! Deffo flash the french base set off when you get a chance

Here is my complete French base set 1st edition.

It was my first goal when I came back collecting cards.
Now I have to find new collection goals :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

And it’s 1st Edition no less, very nice! Awesome first goal to complete. Good luck on your further collecting endeavors.

Yes that is nice :grin:, I just wish the owner of the card protected the case :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Crystal golem has easily some of the best artwork in the whole hobby in my opinion. Great choice

2 Likes

Yes he did :ok_hand:

1 Like

Long Time I didn’t update this, so here we go :grin:

First of all, my shadowless base set is almost complete, but I still need some holos like Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard for instance.
Special mention to @smpratte for the binder, you are the guy who made me want to display my collection like this.

Now let me introduce you the box where I tidy up my PSA cards, custom made with the fragrance’s box of my girlfriend x’D.

Here is my current French PSA cards from base set

My current Team Rocket PSA cards.
I want to upgrade my Dark Raichu with a 1st edition Dark Raichu PSA9, if someone can help me with that.

My 1st shadowless base set PSA cards.
I am not interested anymore by these ones, I prefer to get them in a binder, so if anyone is interested…

Some other PSA cards :stuck_out_tongue:

And to finish, some Japanese PSA cards

I am planning to get complete sets for my binder collection, like the e-series for instance, what can you advise me to help me to complete my goal ?
I know that I can find complete set on ebay, but is there another good solutions ?

Someone knows where I can find sleeves to protect my PSA cards ?

Cheers guys :grin:

6 Likes

Great collection @darkchansey ,

Given you a follow on Instagram looking forward to seeing it grow :sunglasses:

1 Like

Quick update, my shadowless set will be completed soon :blush:

WANTED LIST ==> Blastoise, Charizard, Gyarados and Raichu (MP if you have any of these)

4 Likes

Hey guys! Great news, I am almost done with the shadowless set, I only need Blastoise :blush:

So, if someone has a shadowless Blastoise to sell, let me know :ninja:

4 Likes

Love your collection so far especially the French base set 1st edition and nice additions.

1 Like

Thanks for your message @vodka , I managed to sell many extra cards recently, it allows me to grow up my collection :blush:

The French Base set didnt have a Fighting Energy? It’s not on the picture

1 Like

@rainbowgym , You right, there was missing a fighting energy, that we call in french “énergie combat” ^^

I bought many cards recently, as you can see on the following picture :grin:

One of my new collection goals is to complete the Expedition master set, if you have any expedition cards (especially reverse) to sell or trade, tell me :stuck_out_tongue:

I also started to collect the 1st edition shadowless base set, it should be a very hard goal to reach for me, especially the charizard, but I will do my best!

2 Likes

I’ve got a lot of expedition I could sell you, let me know if you want some pictures or are looking for specifics

1 Like

Thanks, I will let you know when I will get a budget for it, I need to sell some cards before.