Counterfeit "Custom" Cards Now In Japan

I found a couple counterfeit cards while browsing YJ. Here is a listing for a couple counterfeit Gold Star cards.

Another listing for Crystal Lugia.

I wonder how many more will cross over to Japan?

2 Likes

There’s actually a large company on Facebook that has started selling their own “custom” cards.

It’s honestly disgusting how willfully ignorant people are about this issue. It’s not even like its a moral grey area. It’s blatant IP theft.

5 Likes

Sorry, Nintendo and Co. are currently busy waterboarding the creators of AM2R and Mario 64 Online.

If they weren’t, maybe they’d find the time to send a C&D to these custom card makers.

5 Likes

The sad thing is that there is a market for this shit.

5 Likes

There is a guy in Hawaii looking to fake the trainer B non holos, he sold me a fake blastoise and when I complained he asked if I would want the trainer B Blastoise or Machamp instead. I got all his info and sent it to Pokemon, they did nothing. He’s still selling loads of fake cards on eBay.

The “custom card” pokemon counterfeiters are growing and the websites they list on don’t seem to give a care.

WARNING: Someone on youtube is making very high quality fakes of all the demanded Japanese Trophy cards and other rarities :slightly_frowning_face:
I am not sure what can be done about it but I reported the channel as scam/fraud.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mw5G3zByLk

This is why all high end items will have to be sold graded.

@swolepoke This guy paid way less for all 3 TMB birds. :wink:

Lol those Phonecards look horrible
 so off from the real thing. Those fakes I got off eBay were waaaay better :wink:

He probably didn’t even put any call credit on them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t understand the market for these. Isn’t the whole point of collectibles to be I don’t know, collectible? Having a counterfeit card completely undermines that in that there is no longer a collectible aspect to it.

If anything, knowingly owning a counterfeit card would just upset me as it would be a constant reminder of what I don’t have.

4 Likes

Right! Fuck that smpratte guy, and @funmonkey54 saying illegally printed cards are bad. What a bunch of assholes.

11 Likes

I guess you wouldn’t understand, unless you’ve spent all the hard work of years tracking down certain high end cards, and having to spend a considerable amount of money to obtain them
 which I’m guessing you haven’t done either.

8 Likes

You cited a country that is ruled as a religious monarchy, so obviously the laws there won’t be based on public opinion of justice or equality

Whether a country values intellectual property is up to the people, and in the US, counterfeit product is illegal. Period. It’s illegal for many reasons, and this illegality protects the creator and the consumer. While you may not care, and be of the opinion that it doesn’t matter, the fact that counterfeit product will create victims of scams is not an opinion.

8 Likes

You should join Virbank on Facebook, your “causal collector” mindset, short temper, and grammar skills would go very well there.

3 Likes

So weird too how you want us to accept the “opinion” of customs cards. (whatever what means)

Yet, you’re getting frustrated with our opinions of not liking custom cards??

Think that’s what you would call a hypocrite.

1 Like

Did you just seriously like your own post?
You like your own opinion?
Isn’t that exactly like having a discussion with yourself?
The one thing you were just hating on?

You’re hard to follow!

Carrot whens your funeral cause Slowpoke roasted you to ashes. Ive had this debate in the discord but to summerize it.

If custom cards are allowed then fakes must be allowed because they are the same thing.

Carrot@ Man, I actually thought you had half a brain. You fooled me.

4 Likes

I think carrot’s main premise is that just because the ‘elites’ of e4 say something that doesn’t make it true. To be fair, they will probably be right very often but I’m always going to be in favour of healthy skepticism.

In terms of the harm of unofficial product, it really clicked for me when I thought about the plush Pokémon market. The market is dominated by fake products sold as basement prices. The value of official product is no doubt severely harmed by this.

2 Likes