Complete BGS 9.5 Base set 1st Edition Holo set complete.

Sup boys ,
Last year I sold my entire collection off. Big regret today. Lol.
I started collecting again in May 2020. I went in heavy. My gut told me to go back. It was that moment I went on eBay and realized what little inventory on good / high end Pokémon cards were available vs 2-3 years ago.
I was chasing the entire base 1st edition Holos, all in 9.5 and preferably thick stamp. I now have the set. The only cards not thick stamp are Alakazam, Clefairy and Machamp. If I ever come across a psa 10 for sale or bgs thick stamp on those 3 , I’ll make the change. For for now those 3 suffice the collection and are fine. Majority of the Holos are quads and quad +. They are amazing cards with all new bgs clean cases nd skin tight bgs protection sleeves :blush:
I also have 13 Holos of the base shadowless Holos. Just missing 3… almost there. The trio is quad and quad + :blush::blush:

As far as I know ,I believe this is the only complete BGS 9.5 1st edition base set 1/1… Feels good to finally have Completed it. BGS is a tough company on grading. The journey was extremely fun and exciting. The chase in many moments was better than the catch! …#appreciatingassests !!

What’s next ?
Maybe Psa 9 set !

10 Likes

Congrats! Such a highly graded BGS set of 1st edition Base holos is amazing. I’d love to see a picture of your set all together!

Great that you trusted your gut enough that you were willing to buy back in for more than you had originally sold, and now you’re reaping the rewards of that. Buying something back for more money than they had sold it for is something that can be challenging for people.

2 Likes

Thanks brother. Yes. I’ll get a video out shortly. Good stuff to share !!

1 Like

Congrats on that huge achivement. I also like BGS I feel the cases are way superior to PSA and they give extra protection with their inner sleeve. A question would be why you want the same set but in PSA 9?

1 Like

bgs 9.5 in shadowless holo?

Psa 9s are easier to come by. And I can always find them. It’s a good investment nowadays too. Plus I need something to collect … completing this set will take time. I don’t mind. Bgs was a tough set to complete man. The BGS pop report is extremely low.

Yes. 9.5 shadowless Holos as well. Just missing 3 Holos to finish that specific set. I need Raichu , Clefairy and Ninetales !

Cos it’s not as strong as PSA with Pokemon, and I agree grades lower than an 8 are very questionable and they should improve their standards. Yes it is a good investment, but if you need something to collect I encourage you to step into vintage trophy cards, at least is what I enjoy the most. Good hunt!

2 Likes

@arminallmighty I know you responded video but…

PICTURES PLEEEEEAAASEE. I promise I will thank you earnestly.

1 Like

I got you boss. Give me till tomorrow to make a nice picture

:grin: @arminallmighty your heart… it is pure

1 Like

You picked a great time to get back in and go heavy

2 Likes

Thats nuts!

1 Like

15 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Beautiful and congratulations!

1 Like

Pictures posted brother. Enjoy the heat man !!!

@arminallmighty

DUDE. I thank you. Such a gorgeous pleasure to look at. I particularly dig the subgrades. Charizard 10 surface! 9.5 clean blastoise! That mewtwo is 0.5 off from being a pristine 10! Most of them are such strong grades. Incredible man. It must be so satisfying to see those every day. Love it man, love it! Wish I had that Chan with the 9.5 clean subs.
Which one is your favorite?

1 Like

This is the only dude that I honor on E4. Crossing Psa 10 to bgs 9.5. Huge respect. And to others saying PSA 10>bgs 9.5. Here’re the evidence to refresh your mind.

1 Like