Common and uncommon PSA grading

Hi all,

I opened a lot of WOTC boxes around 2009-2014 and fortunately had the sense to keep every card tucked away and sleeved!

I’m wondering if anyone has goals to get complete PSA graded sets for the lower rarity’s going forward

Perhaps you’d consider picking up some of your favourite artworks/species (these are cards I will certainly be grading over the coming months)

Or do you simply prefer to leave these types of cards in binders!

Even with the expectation of some cards retracing, I believe these types of cards could fill a nice spot in the market in terms of pricing

i’d love to hear your thoughts

1 Like

People are paying 25-30 for PSA 9 1st edition Jungle Eevee and Pikachu commons. This will probably be the same for most 1st edition commons at least soon.

2 Likes

I’d say there’s a market for 1st ed Base through Fossil commons & uncommons at PSA 9&10. I recently completed 1st Ed. Jungle and Fossil commons & uncommons in PSA 9. I was more than happy to pay a premium for some cards just because finding them already graded was a pain in the ass

1 Like

The Commons and Uncommons are growing. They are growing slowly, but they are growing.

I think there will be a time in the future where $50 will be the baseline for every 1st Edition Common and Uncommon in PSA 10. We are already beginning to reach that point for some of these cards.

So yes; there is certainly a market for them, especially for set completionists.

3 Likes

please grade them i need some :blush: set collector here

i would binder only lightly played cards and grade the rest that are 9-10 possible. If any of mine came back an 8 i would probably break them out and binder them if i dont have that card in the binder already.

2 Likes

For me, depends on the set. I have one which im current attempting to fill out in psa 9 1st ed, so i can say that there for sure is a demand :blush:

I want to see more common and uncommon card psa graders :rofl::rofl:

I’m a set collector, thankfully I have finished 1st ed base through rocket in psa 10, (base holos and half of jungle holos in 9s).

The prices have definitely risen, and I can see that they will continue to do so as booster prices increase.

1 Like

Every Base Set 1st Edition card that is not an energy should be graded. Every trainer. Every Common. Every Uncommon. Every Rare. Every Holo.

In 10 years or so I can see any WoTC Unlimited or 1st edition uncommon/common being worth the cost of grading that’s in the PSA 8 to 10 range.

For me keeping them ungraded is way more pleasant. Binder sets of pack fresh cards are so soothing and easy to enjoy. Also they cost WAY less this way. Storage of unc/com cards in PSA slabs is incredibly difficult and not very pleasant to sift through. That’s my 2 cents about it but there is plenty of market for unc/com currently - just not as much for the era of boxes you are speaking of. Mostly just wotc.

1 Like

I’d only be looking to grade 1st ed WOTC sets and base UnL, the years above is just when i got into the hobby!

1 Like

I sold a PSA 10 Charmander 1st Edition Rocket for $75

There is a market for them. Some more than others