CJ_Pokemon's Collection

Starting with some of my Japanese Worlds Promos, will add other parts of my collection as well :slight_smile:

I also put them all together for a picture just as an overview.

33 Likes

Insane ! :star_struck:

1 Like

Awesome cards! These are such a cool collection idea; historical, good artwork, and neat to see the progression from year to year. One day I’d like to start doing the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Indeed, it is such a fun set to collect. The artworks are all similar to each other, they are pretty rare/scarce (so it is a nice challenge) and also they look amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, very nice!

1 Like

Wow, such an awesome collection! Really inspiring to also have a look at getting some of these cards at some point. Really great start to your collection thread. Cant wait to see more. Do you have a favorite Worlds Promo artwork?

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: My all time favourite will always be the 1999 Tropical Wind. From those cards which are shown in the pictures, I would say the '07 is my favourite!

Super awesome collection! Kizuki’s style is immaculate on these bad boys!

4 Likes

Great collection! Which artwork is your favorite? :thinking:

1 Like

absolutely stunning. which one did you start your journey with?

1 Like

Look 2 replies above yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first one I ever bought was the 2018 Champions Festival. Got it from a friend when it was a raw card :slight_smile: that was the time when I learned new things about the historical aspects of worlds promos and fell in love with them, so shortly after I bought the 2006 PSA 10 and then step by step all the others :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Just wanted to update this thread with some pictures I recently took of my cards. Even though I would say Japanese tropical/ worlds promos are my main area, I am collecting some other cards as well.

Since I started collecting Pokemon cards again back in march 2021, the Japanese WEB Series has always felt special to me. Last week I could finish my starter trio!

Another reason why I love the WEB Series: It is the only way to get the Blackstar Promo legendary bird artworks with a holofoil and also it has the University Magikarp artwork, just for way less money than the original :smiley:

15 Likes

Almost forgot to add my favourite card in my collection which I also was able to purcase recently. Cant stress enough how much I love this artwork!

20 Likes

Havent updated this thread for a while now. I discovered this cool app which lets you create photo collages so I tried it out! I really need to buy a high res scanner for better quality images though :smiley:

10 Likes

my question on these as i always see them popping from time on time is why were they not given a grade ? was psa not willing to give a grade or is it something else?

CJ had stated that this card was altered, meaning there was an additional layer of ink used to cover up some whitening on the back side of the card. So, PSA did not grade it but certified it as altered.

Cheers!

3 Likes

oh now i understand so in a case like this they would not willing to grade just authenticate?

When there is any ink/alteration on the card they always add “altered” to the label" otherwise CJ’s card would just be graded as authentic like you say

3 Likes

Here is more information about when AA is given.

If your card is returned without a numeric grade in a card saver sleeve, that determination was made based on one of the following reasons:

N1 Evidence of Trimming - When a card’s edge appears to have been altered. A card doctor may use scissors, scalpel, cutter, or any other sharp instrument. A card that appears trimmed: A hooked appearance along the edge, unusually sharp or uncommon edges for the issue, an inconsistent tone to the color of the edge in question or a wavy, unnatural look to the edges. Note that this designation can qualify for encapsulation as “Authentic Altered” at the grader’s discretion and if “AA” is listed on the submission form as the desired minimum grade. You will be charged the applicable grading fee in either case.

N2 Evidence of Restoration - When a card’s paper stock appears to have been built up - for example, when ripped corners are built up to look like new corners. Note that this designation can qualify for encapsulation as “Authentic Altered” at the grader’s discretion and if “AA” is listed on the submission form as the desired minimum grade. You will be charged the applicable grading fee in either case.

N3 Evidence of Recoloration - Where a card’s color appears to have been artificially improved. Note that this designation can qualify for encapsulation as “Authentic Altered” at the grader’s discretion and if “AA” is listed on the submission form as the desired minimum grade. You will be charged the applicable grading fee in either case.

N4 Questionable Authenticity - This is the term used when a card appears to be counterfeit or when the autograph is deemed to be not genuine. This designation would never qualify for encapsulation under any circumstance and applicable grading fees would still apply.

N5 Altered Stock - This includes, but is not limited to characteristics on the card that appear to show some form of alteration such as paper restoration, crease/wrinkle pressing or enhanced gloss. Note that this designation can qualify for encapsulation as “Authentic Altered” at the grader’s discretion and if “AA” is listed on the submission form as the desired minimum grade. You will be charged the applicable grading fee in either case.

N6 Minimum Size Requirement - When a card is significantly undersized according to factory specifications. You will not be charged the grading fee in this instance. Note that this designation can qualify for encapsulation as “Authentic” only at the grader’s discretion and if “Auth” is listed on the submission form as the desired minimum grade. You will be charged the applicable grading fee in the latter case.

N7 Evidence of Cleaning - When a whitener is used to whiten borders or a solution is used to remove wax, candy, gum or tobacco stains. Note that this designation can qualify for encapsulation as “Authentic Altered” at the grader’s discretion and if “AA” is listed on the submission form as the desired minimum grade. You will be charged the applicable grading fee in either case.

N8 Miscut - This term is used when the factory cut is abnormal for the issue, causing the card’s edges to deviate from their intended appearance. You will not be charged the grading fee in this instance. Note that this designation can qualify for encapsulation as “Authentic” at the grader’s discretion and if “Auth” is listed on the submission form as the desired minimum grade. You will be charged the applicable grading fee in the latter case.

N9 Don’t Grade - The term is used when we do not grade or cannot encapsulate an issue. The cards may be oversized or an obscure issue. This designation does not qualify for encapsulation, and you will not be charged the grading fee. Note: If additional information from two or more verified or hobby-approved resources are provided for the issue, the decision could be reversed upon resubmittal. Submit a “Research Request” in advance through the Customer Request Center (CRC) to inquire about a specific item.

*Please note that the Minimum Grade (MG) option is only available on select service levels. If the option is available, the field to enter your MG will appear when filling out your submission form via the Online Submission Center.

2 Likes