Chopin's Collection Thread (Japanese Promos/Oddities)

Hi Everyone

I thought this section of the forum was pretty cool, and having seen some other collections of people, and in an attempt to actively participate in this community, I thought I’d create a thread.

Within the last 6 months I’ve found a love of postcards, so I thought I’d start with some of my Keiko Fukuyama sealed postcards that I’ve accumulated over this time (I’m aware that the Silver set isn’t by her, but the packaging fits too nicely to not group them into this photo!)

I LOVE that I have a sealed 1998 Set B and 2000 Set B that are both factory sealed - these were not the cheapest of things when I eventually found them.

And whilst I mention the Silver set, this one is particularly nice as it has the paper that it was distributed with still (I love that sort of thing):

I just need to find someone who is willing to sell to trade their Lawson set to me now as this is a grail for me, but, that’s for another day I guess!

Also go check out @charizandrew’s thread on these postcards here if you haven’t done so already!

That’s all for now folks!

14 Likes

These postcards have gotten a big raise here and they totally deserve it, had to buy few myself too!

1 Like

Great finds! I’m glad you found some inspiration from the thread. You’ll find your grail eventually.

1 Like

It’s rare to see them sealed and complete. They look so nice! Love a good post card set!

1 Like

I hope so I really do - even at over the odds I’d still jump at them :blush:

You and me both, I love them too :blush:

1 Like

Today’s addition to the thread is something I’ve been looking for for years. I only have the Turtwig from the set unfortunately, but nonetheless I’m thrilled to have my hands on one. I know there’s one for sale online for several hundreds of pounds/dollars but I’ve never managed to get around to buying it. This isn’t in amazing condition but it’s a lovely piece of history nonetheless.

If you haven’t already had a look on here about these take a look here

That’s all for today folks :blush:

2 Likes