Charizard Best Photo Snap Promo?

In a parallel universe if Charizard was chosen as a Snap Promo what sort of impact would it have on the hobby? Would it be considered more valuable than 1st Ed. Base? Or even the most valuable card in the hobby i.e. eclipsing illustrator? These are the 3 Charizard entries that could have been chosen (from the Nintendo Online Magazine) also a thread here on E4

10 Likes

i for one welcome our new snap charizard overlords

8 Likes

I would LOVE to have had that as a promo. They arenā€™t the best photos, but still. The promos anyway are more valuable that the base set Charizard. So I think this card for sure would be a LOT more valuable.

Thereā€™s a Poliwag going for $4k on bid so far on eBay. It IS graded though, so that naturally ups the price. But still. Without it being graded itā€™s worth a LOT.

Damn, Iā€™d love to see how much a set of these would go for!

1 Like

I think Iā€™m in love with the 2nd picture! Dat mouth!

hahaā€¦ nothing fantastic about those photos. itā€™s charizard tho, and the people love it!

iā€™m not sure, i donā€™t like those snaps. if it was a nicer angle, might of been more expensive? im not sure.

Dat mouth, those wingsā€¦ lol! Second picture for sure. I sometimes wish I was at the studio telling them: ā€œā€¦hell no you are not putting that out you are doing this instead! Get me Ken Sugimori on the phone now!ā€.

I think the photos are pretty ā€œmehā€.

One thing I didnā€™t like about the game is that I often disagreed with which photos should score more. They valued certain things in their algorithm that led to sub-par photos outscoring ones with truly nice poses. I remember always saving my favorite photos and not just the top scorers. I feel like the framing of the first is the best, but the ā€œactionā€ of the 3rd is best, so you would need the timing of his attack from the third mixed with positioning of the 1st for the ideal photo. Ideally even a sharper angle to capture some more of the wings.

All that said, if any of these three snaps won it, that card would be worth $$$$$ just for the charizard effect regardless of the artwork.

3 Likes

Definitely jumping on the bandwagon of:

Valuable: Yes
Ugly as Sin: Hell Yes

3 Likes

I just remembered, I have this game.

Sigh*

Connects N64*

Roar.

17 Likes

That is cool @charchu! The first photo would probably look cool as well!

3 Likes

I give it three weeks until that is screenshot-ed and thrown up on eBay by a 0 feedback buyer for $5k.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s so neat, I love how creative you guys get sometimes. Make a blastoise one!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Blastoise was in Pokemon Snap, was it???

Iā€™d love to see some people trying to get decent pictures from Snap now and making cards like that. Those pictures they selected really donā€™t do Charizard justice :slightly_frowning_face:

@charchu needs to start working for Pokemonā€™s TCG division ASAP!

3 Likes

I had to think outside the ā€˜Eggā€™ for Blastoise xD

Hope you like it @desi

11 Likes

Oh man, the graphics back then were so realistic

1 Like

Would love to see a Suicune snap card :wink:

Awesome. I also love you went the extra mile with that Wartortle pre-evolution. :grin:

You should make a serie of these. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador