Champion Road 2000 trophy cards

Soooo…

If NO.3 Trainer was with a Ho-Oh…

NO.2 was with a Lugia…

WHO WAS THE NO.1 TRAINER WITH??
(Gawd I wish that was me)

There were two separate tournaments, Lugia and Ho-oh. I have some stickers handed out at the tournament with the two logos.

It would be somewhat odd to own one of these with the face on the card.

2 Likes

Ahh makes sense lol

In my mind it was one tournament.
Feeling like an uber n00b right now

1 Like

So just to clarify the cards in the OP are actually more likely to be mockups than real cards? I’ve seen that elite four trainer in a photo up close before but I have no idea where. I love the fact that there may still be trophy cards out there that we still don’t know about even so many years on from their distribution despite the fact the Internet can find you out just about anything now.

whos face is that.

i read whole thread, but no mention of whos face is that.

why did the face have to be there… I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION! if thats how you spell explanation… I will google it in time.

That card belongs to Yamato. His full name is Tsugoyoshi Yamato. He is one of the most well known and successful players of the TCG. He participated and/or won in just about every major tournament.

Oh and he isn’t going to sell.

2 Likes

I feel like I definitely mentioned this.

www.elitefourum.com/t/champion-road-2000-trophy-cards/15302/11

yes i know that its Yamato whatever who owns it…

BUT IS THAT HIS FACE ON THE CARD?!?!?!

If so I have more questionerbz…

Yes it is his face. They decided to put the winners faces on the cards that year. Similar to how they printed the name on the 2002 battle road trophy cards.

hmmms

It’s probably a bit harder to part with trophy cards when they have your freakin face on them!
Very cool images of these cards though. I’m excited to see if any new info comes about as a result of this!

5 Likes

EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE… STOP BEING A TIGHT ASS GARINSON, OR SMPRATTICAN, AND OFFER HIM 100K

OKAY THERES a huge scrub question i have to ask.

erm… at a tournament… if you win 2nd place shouldnt you recieve all the silver trophy prints?

or do they have age devisions or some shit, so then multipple copies are given to people who won in each division or something. :nerd_face:

I have found where the 3 pictures in my first post come from: the Pokémon Trainers magazine Vol.6.

You can see the winners with their card, so there exist at least 2 copies of these 3 cards!

6 Likes

Wow! I would love to get a full set of these cards!

2 Likes

Any idea if they’re cardstock or metal?

I know it’s quite a grainy of photo but the cards in the photo in the OP look really rough cut to me, the edges almost look like they are worn already. Awesome to know they really exist though we definitely need more documentation. Are any of the winners that are pictured known to anybody? Would be great if someone could talk to one of them about the cards.

Now we can update this topic with high quality pictures of the No.2 trophy card:

Credits go to sbc3305 on YJA: page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x536671650

4 Likes

Anyone know who won this beauty? so jealous right now :sob: Do you reckon PSA will grade these trophy cards?

1 Like

Typically the Efour community will know in a few weeks, if it is now owned by an Efour member. Otherwise, it would have went back to a Japanese collector or an unknown private collector :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes