Chair's Collection

Heya guys, I just registered here after lurking pretty hard for a while and watching Prattes videos.

I started collecting cards as soon as they hit the stores here in the UK, Pokemon was a pretty big part of my life for the next few years, but a bout of bad heath and the proliferation of high speed internet pulled me away from the hobby.

Well I moved house late last year and discovered a lot of my old collection in a pretty sorry state, just kinda dumped together in a big plastic tub.

So I figured I’d head to ebay and grab a cheap folder and some sleeves to protect them during their eternal slumber in my new attic, but while browsing through the listings, of course, other products popped up. Collection boxes, cool looking full art cards, crazy promos from Japan; I was hit with the realization that I still love all of this stuff.

Needless to say I didn’t just buy some sleeves.

So I hope to get to know some of you and become part of the community, as I’m having a hard time convincing my current friends to get in to ludicrously expensive cardboard rectangles

:unamused:

Starting with something every one of you probably has, but I think the setup looks neat. Also the all important sentimental value.

My original big 3 from the base set that I pulled as a kid.

I’ll post some more tomorrow, this is a slow start but it gets pretty crazy. I have some PSA slab shaped holes in my bank account.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby.

Always nice to own cards you pulled as a kid.

All the best with youyr collecting and looking forward to seeing what cards you are adding to your collection.

man how I wish I had my original cards. thats awesome and a great start. welcome

Read the post, read ur name, noticed the pic… I lolled :stuck_out_tongue:
I love seeing the starters framed like that. Think I might buy one of those Ultra pro frames too. Can’t wait to see what u add to this collection!

While browsing those ebay listings I came across a few things that really stuck out, namely the Pikachu World Collection, which is something I can remember wanting as a kid, and the Satoshi v Rocket Gang box which is just a great little gift set.

Ignore the Yugioh, I couldnt help it, the boxes were just so shiny.

A few days later there was an escalation. I found one of the cards I could never get as a kid, sitting on ebay in a PSA 10, and I had to have it.

This is still my favorite artwork on a card. The simplicity and cheesy rainbow backround always get me.

Ive bought way more expensive cards since then, but Dragonite is the one I find myself glancing at the most.

8 Likes

My favourite card of all time :blush: such a beautiful card ! I got one myself and a Japanese one and unlimited :grimacing: just chasing the non holos now

Congrats great start

Thanks for the support guys.

This was the second PSA card I added to my collection. It came all the way from Australia and took forever to get here.

I still remember having the neo genesis Lugia as my wallpaper on my ancient dell desktop. So when one appeared on a listing that I didnt have to pay import tax on, I snapped it up.

6 Likes

Heres a more recent purchase, some japanese base set.

Hopefully I can find the rest of them soon.

The old cases dont fit the stands properly.

:sob:

6 Likes

Here’s a thing from another forum member

From teammagmas ebay store. I have the other trainer name cards on their way, again from teammagma, and the Kyogre and Cebebi from Pratte himself. Its a shame they don’t print these guys in english, I love the concept.

5 Likes

Mail day! 3 more PLAY promos showed up.

5 Likes

Mail day yesterday, these showed up.

Next Job; dig though my binders for stuff to send to PSA.

9 Likes

good lord. How much did that skyridge zard set you back??

Awesome! Congrats! :blush:

Heres some random stuff I need to send off to get graded. On that note I’m looking for a grading service that ships out from the UK if anyone has any recommendations.
I’ll keep digging.

Ludkinscollectables do a PSA grading service for the UK.

1 Like

Yeh, I’ve used LudkinsCollectables for years always received a great service :blush: would recommend!