CGC Partnering with PWCC

IDK if I am late the the party, but this is interesting :thinking:

2 Likes

It is not just CGC, they anounced (read: just put it on their website) Monday last week:

2 Likes

Subgrades included

ad shows image without subgrades

5 Likes
2 Likes

I wonder what prevents someone from submitting for $20 and then withdrawing it from the vault. Seems like it would be cheaper than going straight through CGC :joy:

I guess you would have to pay the 1 or 3% fee depending on how quickly you want to take it out again. So I don’t think that works.
The fact that you don’t have to do any paperwork does appeal to me though.

1 Like

I wonder if you have to write down what cards you have or if you just send a stack and have nothing in writing… if the latter is the case then I wonder what actions you would have if they lost your cards

1 Like

It’s the latter - just # of cards and estimated total value of the submission.

I’ve wondered this before about BGS since insurance value is specified for the total submission rather than per item - not sure how they handle it if 1 card is lost/damaged.

1 Like

Yikes. I wonder what prevents people from saying they sent in a mint 1st edition charizard that was lost…

Not really sure what you mean. In what situation would PWCC have any liability for a false claim like that? If the package never gets to them, then submitter has to deal with the shipping carrier about it.

I’m talking about when they actually receive cards. There are instances where PSA has misplaced/lost cards from a submission so having no track of what cards were submitted is scary to me :dizzy_face:

Because they record that when they open the box. Likewise you can’t send an empty box to PSA, say it was worth $150,000, and expect them to pay you.

2 Likes

True

I guess the best course of action for us submitters to protect ourselves is to record what we put in the box and take a pic/video in case they damage or lose cards.

The part where CGC grades with sub-grades is new, that had to be added recently.

1 Like

How come PSA is not on there? Does PWCC not want to work with them? or did I miss something here?

If I had to guess, It’s because they already have similar deal with goldin. I made a post about this earlier: link to post

1 Like

Not sure why but they don’t seem to like the upcharges (I agree):

3 Likes