Centering Measurement Question

I know a couple of you can count pixels or something in order to accurately state top to bottom AND side to side centering (like 66/34 etc.)
A customer asked but I need help answering.

2 Likes

I got 53:47 from left to right and 52:48 from top to bottom. Even if it’s off by 1% it’s still very nice. Great looking card!

You can type in “online ruler” on a search engine and once you measure each border you divide one side by the total number of pixel for each side, giving you a percentage. For example I measured 33 pixels by 31 pixels from top to bottom so I divide 33 by 64 and get 0.515625 then round up to 52% giving us 52:48.

3 Likes

So this is within the parameters for a PSA 10 then, right? 60/40 is what you need at least, right?

65:35 front, 70:30 on the rear I believe.

“The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.”

1 Like

I stand corrected.

I like the way they worded this. Basically “it’s a 10 if we feel like it”

1 Like

Pictures can be deceiving centering is often ‘worse’ in person. Also this picture was taken at a slight angle and can easily make a card look more centered than it is, best to use a scanner.

Zoom out enough so your mouse pointer fits the edge border

If bottom border = size of 1 mouse pointer and top border is 2 mouse pointers, then you have 66/33 top/bottom centering. At least that’s how I do it lol

Dang, I’m even more confused now lol.

Can anybody measure and simply state if it’s within the 60/40 55/45 parameters?

I was pretty straight on or tried to be. I don’t have a scanner.

I got 52:48 on Top to Bottom 53:47 Left to right. Exact same as @zap2, so seems to be around there :slight_smile:

I measured it counting pixels in MS Paint. I got 51/49 top bottom, but there was a smidge more on the top - rounded down to 51, but could be 52. Left right I got 57/43 which is consistent with @zap2’s measurement.

So yes, it’s within PSA’s 55/45 to 60/40. Just eyeballing, it does seem like the left side is wider, hence the 57. Top is ever so slightly bigger as well.

The angle of the picture may distort measurements, as @shizzlemetimbers said, but three people got similar measurements.