Cards moving inside the PSA case

I just received a few PSA cards that I recently purchased and I noticed that they are “loose” inside the case (i.e. they move with the edges bouncing off the plastic of the case). These are Japanese old-back cards (fortunately PSA 8 or below).

Has anyone experienced this as well? Is the solution have PSA recase the cards or in the end there shouldn’t be any damages to the card inside the case?

They all do that. If the cards were to fit perfectly in the case, you run a higher risk of damage during the casing process.

5 Likes

I have a few that are a bit loose (maybe 1-2mm) but there´s absolutely nothing to worry about since the force that occurs is very low on this small distance and distributed evenly on the whole edge.

3 Likes

Ok that’s good to know! Thanks

Just got to try and keep the cards still and undisturbed.

That is perfectly normal for PSA cards. I would say 99% of my PSA graded cards move around in their case, and I haven’t noticed any damage to my cards from them moving around. As long as you don’t aggressively shake the card back and forth for a long period of time, you shouldn’t witness any damage to the edges of the card.

1 Like

I can hear almost all my PSA cards “rattle” inside the case when I shake them. It’s perfectly normal and as others have said really should not cause any damage long term.

Like people have said it’s normal. But damn I sure hate it. Gives me anxiety even if the cards are fine to hear them rattle.

3 Likes

Totally normal. I have plenty that move a little.

All pSA cards I owned moved inside, I guess the damage it makes is almost 0 so don’t worry about it, just don’t shake them like crazy haha