Buying Sealed Pokemon Silver, Gold & Yellow Gameboy Games

Looking for NM/M copies. Must be able to ship to Canada.

Silver & Gold $400 each.

Yellow $400-$500 (Not really sure as prices are a bit all over. We can talk price if you have one for sale).

Also a bit less priority I’d like to pickup Pokemon Blue & Red as well.

Blue - $800-$900 ~

Red - $1300 ~

Also I’m not sure if there are variants for these games, or different prices based on different factors (seams, boxing, idk?) But if anyone could fill me in on whether there are variations, that would be great lol :grin:

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve been trying to look into this as well and would like to know many of your questions to haha. From what I can gather though, prices seem to be all over the place. People are sending sealed copies to VGA to get “graded” which is making the prices rise for these. I’d personally just like a non graded sealed copy.

1 Like

Haha, i would love to know how to grade sealed video games…

This year at New York Comic Con a dealer had all three on sale (blue, red, yellow), graded by WATA, and they were all 9.0 or 9.2 with A seal, I believe. They sold instantly. I asked him on Sunday about the price and he told me he got $1700 for Red and the other two were lower but he didn’t disclose. Safe to say the prices have DEFINITELY gone up due to grading. I would think if a 9.8 A++ (the highest grade) showed up it would go for $3000+ easily

2 Likes

I don’t know much about gameboy grading in terms of how they are graded, the process/pricing, difference between gameboy grading companies, etc. There is even a sealed Crystal on ebay right now that’s VGA graded “80+ NM” with an extremely ugly “$29.99” sticker on the front and some damage to the box. I wouldn’t even buy that copy ungraded.

So all that being said, those are the reasons I’m not looking for graded copies and just want nice looking ungraded copies for myself and will pay accordingly to that.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for. Sealed ungraded mint condition copies. Do you think they are just that hard to find?

They seem harder to find now… I have a Blue Version that’s pretty beat up and I’m still getting $550 offers for it. Wild prices!

For this exact reason I’ve decided to just do CIB. Sealed video game collectors are almost as insane as pikachu collectors.

2 Likes

Updated prices

Hi bud - I’ve got a sealed pokemon yellow but its not in NM/M - pretty dusty with some indents and glue stains - if youre interested in seeing photos I can send them your way :blush:

Just looking for NM+ copies right now, but thanks anyway!

when you say NM/M, is that equivalent to VGS 90+? I think if that’s the case, those red/blue prices are gonna be much, much higher based on recent eBay sales. I think even VGS 85 (NM) is getting 2k+ for blue and def higher for red. welp, you can do that math there when you go 1 tier up. i wouldn’t be surprised if a red sells for 4-5k. good luck though. BUT i think whatever price you are able to buy right now will be worth it!!! even 3-5 years from now! :blush:

I don’t know anything about conditions of graded games and what would determine a VGS 90+ grade or what the difference would even be between a VGS 80 & 90. I’m really just looking for sealed copies without any rips or tears in the seal and for the box not to be crushed in. As long as there isn’t residue on it, the seal wrapper isn’t dirty and there’s no ugly old price sticker on it, i’m okay with it.

I just felt they my prices are fair for what I’ve seen ungraded copies go for. Obviously copies that are already graded will command a premium as there are grading fees involved, the waiting of the grading process, the aesthetic of having it graded, etc.

The most recent sold listings for a red are around $1250-$1500 for non-graded copies, $1500 being mint. I’ve seen a sale of a mint silver & gold copy sell together for $700 recently.

I’m open to negotiating a bit as well if anyone has there for sale :wink:

There are a few variants of each. There is a US, UK, and I believe one other (Also English). If I remember right the differences are subtle, like missing logos on one or another. I’ll have to dig mine out to show sometime. I think I might have photos somewhere of a UK set I sold if needed.

1 Like

Okay awesome, I didn’t know much about the country variants. I think I saw one listing with a red stripe or something that was a UK variant? Would all the UK versions have the red stripe? Would be cool to see the differences if you still have :blush:

I dont have the photos I thought I had (of the UK variant), and haven’t found my sealed copy just yet. I’ll dig deeper this weekend :blush:

1 Like

Bought a sealed red. Would really love a silver & gold if anyone has/knows anyone that’s selling either as those were my favorite games :slightly_smiling_face: