Buyer Protection on Yahoo Auctions

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is actually any buyer protection offered through bidding on Yahoo Auctions. I understand there are options like zenmarketplace and buyee.jp which are middleman services. But is there any buyer protection? Or any ways you can get some?

Thank you!

www.elitefourum.com/t/questions-on-yahoo-jp/30812/1

I’ve never used yahoo auctions myself due to being nervous but I have used mercari a couple times, and got completely fked once.

2 Likes

No

1 Like

nope, you can pay a middleman through paypal and claim it back I guess, but that would suspend you for lifetime.

Well, I bought something on mercari 3 weeks ago via buyee and the seller never shipped and 1 week ago I got a refund for that item. I think it has something to do with that the seller gets their money only after the item arrived, but after the item has been delivered there is nothing you can do I think. Even if it is a scam.

1 Like

Thanks for all the responses guys, this sounds pretty terrible, it sounds like a huge risk to bid on these japanese auctions then

But doesn’t this mean that you are charging back the middleman and not the seller?

Do you have to pay the middleman via paypal or can you pay the seller directly through paypal?

I know on Zenmarket you have to top up a balance, but are there any platforms where you pay the seller directly?

Yep, that´s why you get banned from using them if you do that :wink:

I mainly use zenmarket (I don´t do high value - 5 figure) transactions through them though. Afaik there is no option to pay a yahoo seller directly via paypal as a foreigner but I´m not a hundred percent sure. I´m sure others can chime in on that question though.

I’m basically thinking of buying a 5 figure item, but it seems too risky… no buyer protection! It makes no logical sense to me!

I imagine if you chargebacked 30k or so they would probably come after you and I assume in their terms and conditions which you have agreed to they are not responsible for the yahoo auction seller

no risk no fun man!

1 Like

It is risky, YAJ is not ebay and it’s not for the feint hearted to throw around big money as easily as you can on ebay

1 Like

There’s a reason why cards sell for cheaper on there than on eBay. Cheaper items are alright because you don’t lose much if the items aren’t as expected. However for high value items if you receive something you’re not expecting for example condition wise, you’re out of luck.

2 Likes

Japanese sellers surely don’t like “nervous” buyers…

6 Likes

I’m surprised anyone buys anything of 4 figure let alone 6 figure value off it with no buyer protection! The risk-taking levels are through the roof

Zero protection. A lot of folks already learned that the hard way. Don’t let it happen to you as well. YHJ - “No nervous buyers, no claim no return and also gfy.”

1 Like

Yeah I appreciate you looking out for me man, it’s just unfortunate because I want this item and I know i won’t get it again!!

Just do it, take the chance

2 Likes

Big things never happened to those who never took risks or opportunities!

3 Likes

All I gotta say is, don’t risk what you can’t afford to lose. There will always be opportunities with less risk.

2 Likes