Bulk submissions question

Anyone submit cards in bulk that may be deemed an expensive card where PSA calls and increases your submission price?? Just wondering your take on this. Thanks!

1 Like

Yep, that’s at their discretion and they will only let you know about the upcharge once the card is graded. I’ve had $2000+ cards slip through but I’ve heard of other members here getting upcharged on ~$500 cards.

2 Likes

@mistercrunch is it worth the risk? I have put together a sub but its a lot of 1st ed jungle and fossil holos as well as unlimited base set. But im just worried that if i get upcharged- i wonder how much it would go up… I would hate to submit then not have the funds to pay due to upcharges

Only you yourself can really answer that question. If these cards are purely for collection sakes then I say don’t. THey wont give you back your cards until you pay them. Enjoy them as a nice binder set. If you plan on reselling them, then absolutely do it because an upcharge means you got some nice 10s which will be able to be sold for a lot more than what you paid in the upcharge. But at the end of the day only you know if it worth letting them sit in PSA until you have enough money to pay the upcharge rather than enjoy the nice binder set.
Also, your cards are not going anywhere as they sit in your collection so there is nothing wrong with waiting and building up some savings for the just in case they do get upcharged.

1 Like

I graded the following cards through BULK with NO upcharges:

Crystal Charizard 10
Shining Mewtwo 1st Ed 10
Shining Celebi 1st Ed 10

And many others; i recently sent over 100 with several big hitters ; all through bulk; if im no Mistaken Gary does this too!

3 Likes

I just went through all of my submissions ever to PSA - the vast majority of the best grade batches I’ve ever had were submitted through bulk, even high value cards. Wish I would have realized that before doing my last order, which included over 100 submitted via Economy ($20/card). Would have saved ~$1400 and probably gotten 5x the value…

1 Like

When you under-declare, you agree to take a total loss on the expensive card if PSA damages it.

I’ve seen people lose $10,000+ on a single order because of a lack of insurance.

So if you’re going to play with fire, at least know what you’re doing. Everyone loves gambling when they’re winning.

1 Like

Yeah, you all know how many big ticket items I grade. Plus there’s some huge ones you don’t know about. Well, every single one was done within bulk orders for the cheapest price allowed. Never had one lost or damaged. I’ve probably saved a million dollars. Someone above mentioned the same thing, that they’ve saved enough to absorb a few losses.

Now do I recommend this to others? No way.

Edit: I just remembered that I did get a card back once that was crimped when the case was sealed. Just once though.

2 Likes