Boxes arrived from PWCC, 1 is UNSEALED & 2nd maybe RESEALED?

Edit:I opened the base set box on live stream, and it turned out to be genuine. Opened every pack and got 1 zard.
Although it’s a shame the jungle box was unsealed by customs.

Ignore this thread. Thanks.

2 Likes

Man that’s really unlucky that customs decided to open it…

Time for a box break lol.

1 Like

This is a very unfortunate situation all-around. Neither Link nor I were particularly attuned to the fact that it’s apparently a well-known risk that customs agents will occasionally open sealed product, which is obviously what happened with the Jungle box. At least Link still has all the booster packs though.

With the Base box, if it is a re-seal, PWCC needs to own up and take responsibility for it. We’ve known that re-seals have been on the rise. Perhaps some of us took false comfort in the idea that auction houses would properly authenticate the boxes for us.

Yeah not the end of the world I guess, I ordered scales and will open a few of the packs to confirm they’re genuine before I decide what I’ll do with the rest.
Mostly just concerned about the base set box tbh, because I actually wanted that one for display.

1 Like

As I told Link, in a weird way this arguably could have been much worse.

If the customs agent had opened the possibly re-sealed Unlimited box (as opposed to the Jungle box) it might have been that much harder to get a refund on the Unlimited box.

100%.
Tbh I don’t expect them to go to top tier lengths to identify if it’s authentic, but I’ve never even seen a base set box in person and I spotted this huge red flag within 30 seconds, you’d think they’d at least make minimum effort lol.

1 Like

the unsealed box could have easily gotten damaged in the factory, if that’s the only concern I wouldn’t worry.

It’s the only concern I have after looking, but I’m not experienced whatsoever.

The issue is the scratch is on the box, but not the wrapping. What would the chances of that happening before it was sealed in the factory?

Let’s hope this is resolved soon, it’s a real shame.

scratching a piece of cardboard in a factory is extremely easy haha!

I’ve had boxes with ink marks under the WOTC wrap which were legit, factories aren’t like hospitals :blush:

1 Like

Would you personally think it’s fine from the videos?

I can’t see any other issues, and damage/marks under the wrap is possible straight from the factory, use your best judgement, if the scratch bothers you that much i’d look at reselling

Is it a scratch or a crease in the cardboard? It looks like a crease to me, but it’s tough to tell from the videos. If it’s a crease, then that could’ve easily happened without the shrinkwrap also being damaged.

It’s a deep scratch.
I’m gonna open the box live on IG in 30 mins, if it’s genuine I’ma open the packs too.

@link,I dont think that Base box is resealed. Typically they’ll have the fake wrapper or will be pretty apparent with the original wrapper.

That´s unfortunate with the Jungle box, happened to me multiple times as well.

Customs opened my shadowless box last year, take comfort in my suffering.
Sorry to hear it’s happened again

So who opens the boxes?

Is it the customs in the EU / UK when the item is recieved, or would it be US Customs when it leaves the US?

I have to send some boxes to PWCC and now Im worried they will get cracked at customs, lol

@admiral, the box is usually opened upon arrival unless there is something very suspicious (drugs, animals…) going on. From my experience nothing happens if everything is declared correctly (correct customs code, item description, value etc). The boxes I received that were opened didn´t have the right code/value, everything else was fine.

1 Like

Can someone tell me why customs would open it, if they have the technology (x-ray) to look inside without breaking the seal? I presume for a swab test maybe?

Sorry to hear this happened.