Booster Pack Artworks

What do you find more appealing? **English or Japanese

6 Likes

Personally, I like the Japanese. The packs seem to tell a story.

2 Likes

Japanese and it’s not even close. I like the English Base, Jungle and Fossil for nostalgic reasons, but hands down, aestethetically they can’t compete with their Japanese counterparts.
Nice collection btw, the VS packs in particular aren’t that easy to come by!

11 Likes

Japanese packs are stand-alone artworks :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I like both, but Japanese is better no doubt

Japanese but its a shame that each set only has a single artwork. Something like English rocket would have been cool if they did one larger artwork with certain parts highlighted on some packs.

3 Likes

You’re missing the packs that decisively swing this debate:

12 Likes

English because there are multiple per set and they look better in general.

English.

So, so colourful. I do wish I kept collecting beyond the VS series. Many great art packs, booster boxes and cards. Slowly getting back up to speed collecting but it will take time.

Japanese

Japanese by far

1 Like

Japanese for sure, English looks so basic/lazy in comparison to me

1 Like

Wait, did the VS Series come out before the other E-Series sets in Japan? Not trying to be a smartass or something, that just sounds like the case based on how your comment is worded and I didn’t know if that’s the case or not.

1 Like

Yep, VS was the first set in e-reader layout and with new backs :blush:

3 Likes

The japanese packs have richer artwork, but the English booster packs are a much better designed product

VS came out July 19th 2001 & then the WEB series Oct 20th same year followed by Base Expansion in Dec 2001.
VS never made it into English except for a very sort after extremely hard to find trophy sets. The Booster packs came with a whopping 30 cards not your usual 10 cards. Here’s some promo stuff.

4 Likes

Japanese is the clear and objective winner.

3 Likes

Japanese for holding and staring at, English for displaying on a shelf!

1 Like

Overall, Japanese. But I prefer the English for Fossil and the Gym Series’

1 Like