boogus' Collection! Update 4/13/2021 Grail + Collections pg2

ooo love those sealed vintage boosters man, nice!

1 Like

I’m with you on the lower grades. If they look good to my eye, its good enough for me. Lovely collection!

1 Like

Thank you!

Big Update!!

I have been MIA for a bit since my transition to a new city/first real job. For those reasons I have been inactive on here and the discord However during that time my Pokemon card purchases has not slowed down one bit :wink: . I am so excited to share with you all my latest additions!

The newest addition I am most excited for is the Gold Star Umbreon. Umbreon being my favorite pokemon, this card was always on my wishlist, but because of the price I wrote it off. However now that I have a job I can afford it (still hurts the wallet though :dizzy_face: )

Since early this year I had my eyes on the Carddass cards and knew that they were something I wanted to have in my collection, and in early April of this year I bought the whole set! At this time I got an eBay credit for $50 so I used it toward this which helped! I love how these were some of the first designs of pokemon, and I love how some of the pokemon just get slaughtered all the time (mainly Ditto lol). Just took pictures of the first and the last page (you’ll have to trust me that all the other cards are in the middle :wink: ).

I also really wanted to expand my Charizard collection so I bought some more base sets (english and japanese), as well as some others that I really like!

Oh yeah, and I bought a Shadowless Charizard recently too… LOVE how crisp it looks, the ink is so dark!

Some obligatory “Challenge!” cards… they are one of my favorite artworks!! Love this OC one too!

Here is my recent PSA submission! This was my first sub so it was a little all over the place. This sub was mainly for cards that I wanted to be cased up and look nice for display, I really am not too concerned about what grades they got!
However I LOVE that my McDonald’s Promo 2002 Umbreon got a PSA10, was not expecting that. Also I love that the Pokemon Center WOTC promo 40 got a PSA9 (which matches my Lucky Stadium PSA counterpart in the main post in this thread). Shoutout to Ludkins/Charlie Hurlocker for the great service!

Finally here are some of my newest and favorite Mews to bless your timeline… Love the Mew Ex promo, makes me think of Mew playing in its bubble from the first Pokemon movie!

Thanks for reading!! (or just looking at the pictures :stuck_out_tongue: )

7 Likes

The packaging for that Mew bouncy ball is incredible. Also love those little dioramas in the pokeballs in your first post. Great collection so far :blush:

1 Like

A really fun collection :heart::heart:

1 Like

Grail + Various Collections
Update 4/13/2021

Hi everyone! It has been awhile since I have updated this thread. I kept pushing this off as I have a few more collections I have 99% complete, but I will post those soon :blush:

To start things off, I have just received a Grail card. Ever since I saw it come through PWCC months ago, I knew I had to have this card!

The 64 Dream Pokémon Phone Card

There is nothing like the charm of late 90’s to early ‘00s Pokemon CGI. Though I have never seen the specific artwork on this card until a few months ago, I am very nostalgic for the Pokemon models from games like Snap and Stadium. I think this card is so unique and I am so happy to have this is my collection (Not to mention it has so many great Pokemon on it like Pikachu, Mewtwo, Snorlax, etc.)

I’m sure many can relate… many cards of mine that I cannot wait to showcase are at PSA right now, so in the meantime, I have been really enjoying binder collecting. The sets listed below are in no particular order… enjoy!

WOTC Black Star Promo Set

First, as promised from my first post, I have included the nonholo part of this set. In my opinion this is one of the best, most comprehensive, and packed full of history sets in the TCG. Where you see the inserts are where the holo cards should go. I have all the holo cards+40/41 in PSA slabs in my previous posts.

2010 Pikachu World Collection

My favorite Japanese Promo Set. Look at how unique/cute all of these Pikachus are! Nine different countries are represented in these cards (and their flags are depicted in the background of the artwork). Everyone has that one set/or card that every time they see it for a good price they buy it… this is mine!

Black and White/ XY Radiant Collection

Hands down, the cutest set out there. Happy to own this one!

Team Rocket + Legendary Birds + Misc. ex’s

I love the Team Rocket ex cards. So sinister! I will have another ex update later this year that will be very special!

2002 McDonald’s Promo Set

This set is so dense with unique artworks. It even has the best Squirtle in the TCG (and holo energies!)

Japanese Amazing Rare’s

I cannot get enough of these. I would really love to see tag team amazing rares!

Sylveon Collection Promo Set

The OG Eeveelutions

These are just some of my favorites. I am starting a new binder page for them since there are so many great artworks for these 3.

Togetic Collection

I have to have a collection for my favorite egg boi:

Illustrator Showcase

Collecting all (or as many as I can) artworks from a specific illustrator is one of my favorite sets to collect. I have many favorite illustrators but here are some that I have specific collections for. I like to group by card type when possible because I think it looks nice.

Tetsuya Koizumi

I have no clue why this illustrator gets slept on so much. Koizumi is probably tied with Arita for my favorite illustrator. I love the dark outlines, detailed backgrounds, and dynamic yet realistic looking Pokemon. I love all of their cards and I cannot wait to see them create more cards!

Kimiya Masago

Do you want realistic, exaggerated features, Bada** looking Pokemon? Look no further than Masago. They have made 17 unique artworks and each one is amazing. Really wish we had more!!

Asako Ito

Ok who doesn’t love these crocheted masterpieces?? Look at how cute these all are! I want them in real life!

sowsow

Do I even need to give an introduction to sowsow? No I don’t so instead I will tell you my favorite of her cards: Pikachu, Mareep, Chansey,

11 Likes