boogus' Collection! Update 4/13/2021 Grail + Collections pg2

Hey!

Just some quick info about me before you see my collection - My name is Adam, I have been collecting Pokemon cards since around November of 2019 (although I have been a Pokemon fan for all my life). I have an instagram where I regularly showcase additions to my collection on @swaggyspokemoncards (yes i know swaggy is a weird alias name haha). Lastly, My two favorite cards are the WOTC Black Star Promo 41 Lucky Stadium and any variation of the Rocket Challenge! card (both are shown below). Feel free to reply with any questions or comments, would love to discuss anything!

Here are the WOTC Black Star Promo cards that I have graded. I do have the complete collection however my Promo 40 “Pokemon Center” is currently being graded at PSA right now :slightly_frowning_face: I will post the whole collection in all of its beauty once it returns (edit: Check my later posts for these pics!)

I will keep collecting these until someone tells me to stop!

Here is my current sealed collection. I really love the look of Hidden Fates and Generations sealed product, I am a sucker for picking up modern set blisters, and I love WOTC Japanese booster pack artwork!

obscure japanese/Auldey sealed figures

Umbreon is one of my favorite Pokemon (Dragonite being the other), would love to get the Umbreon Gold Star one day (edit: Got it :grin: check later post!), but until then, I love these cards :blush:

Miscellaneous PSA cards, many of them purchased when I first got into the hobby and wanted to collect everything.

Probably will hold onto these forever… A piece of history!

Finally, my current ex-era ex cards, love these and would love to get all of the ex’s that released in sets (long term goal)

Current goals are:

Fill a binder (in pokedex order) of Japanese base set + jungle + fossil
(new)All Umbreon artworks (Japanese or English)
(new)All Koike cards
All ex-era ex cards (English/Japanese/LP/DMG… doesn’t matter!)

Thanks for reading! Plus Ultra!

30 Likes

Aloha and welcome, nice collection! I really like the EX collection, that is an great goal to achieve, I was looking at doing the same. Keep it up!

1 Like

Stop collecting the promos and give them to me.

Nice collection. I like the variety!

1 Like

Beautiful collection! I have those toy pikachu figures, but not in packaging. They are displayed on my shelf lol
The lucky stadium card is awesome too!

1 Like

geez that legendary collection dark dragonair is gorgeous! Nice collection :blush:

1 Like

I absolutely love that you are not afraid to collect PSA cards in lower grades. I really respect that. Lower grade cards need more love.

2 Likes

Really loving that japanese moltres ex artwork boogus, sweet man, nice collection

1 Like

Welcome! I love black star Mew, every time I see one I’m amazed, congrats!

1 Like

Honestly as a College student (well, just graduated College), I really can’t afford PSA 10’s in the cards that I want, and honestly I buy PSA cards more for the case and the nice display factor than the grade authenticating. I don’t see that changing anytime soon, so in the meantime sell me all your PSA 1-6’s LOL

1 Like

Thank you! I think that the artwork on that dragonair is so beautiful, so I really enjoy having it as a LCRH. I also bought the Dratini and Dark Dragonite LCRH’s but they are loose, I plan on sending them to PSA when I eventually submit my cards next… I think they will look really cool on display all lined up.

I recently graduated from grad school so I totally get this vibe. I am definitely going for lower grades in cards I want to simply own. Definitely not prioritizing 10s or 9s until I can get a better job. Even then, I am happy to buy lower grades.

1 Like

Hello, It was great looking through your collection. A real breath of fresh air to see someone collecting what they want at a level I can relate too, It feels like you’ve graded your personal cards. Recently I have found my self caught up in seeing everyone’s mortgage priced collections.

Thanks for sharing, I like how your EX collection goal is looking.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah I have about 9 cards currently at PSA (have been there since early April), and I am excited to get them back and share here what they graded! I’m interested in seeing your collection too! DM me if you want to/have pictures available!

Sure, Ill see what I can get together. My collection is a bit of a mixture, I have the entry issue where you end up buying a few cards from every different set without a specific goal. I keep telling myself to complete binders but I have been struggling with what I can only describe as a condition disorder. If I buy a used/lesser condition, I feel the urge to replace them for something more aesthetically pleasing, but then I get something and I think this needs to be graded.

I find myself having partially complete binders and graded sets for this reason.

1 Like

Can’t beat the original ex cards! Love the rocket scyther and scizor ex the most.

1 Like

Nice collection Adam, now get on the PSA10 train! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OMG, the TRR ex set is definitely hard to find. I’ve been trying to complete it for the longest time ever and still haven’t finished it.

2 Likes

I enjoyed looking at your collection! It gave me huge doses of nostalgia. We had a Newbury Comics store near where I used to live and it would import a lot of Japanese Pokemon items like the figurines and such. Seeing all the old WOTC and Non-TCG stuff mixed in brought me back so thanks!

1 Like

Good luck! some of the ex’s were definitely more pricey than others, but if you are going for binder set and don’t care too much about the condition and/or the language then it shouldn’t be too bad!

Thank you! Gosh I wish my local Trading Card stores had more Pokemon product, most of it is just MTG/Yugioh… Oh to travel back in time!

1 Like