Black lint on psa label

Hi

Would this black lint in a psa case bother you? Im thinking whether it is worth to reholder this

Would it bother me? No

11 Likes

35 Likes

Is there a different picture? Because honestly I can’t see what lint you’re talking about :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Cmon dude

8 Likes

You need help, brother

9 Likes

Not trying to knock, because I understand this all too well. Something to look into:

2 Likes

I could not spot it even with the infamous red circle.

It’s not worth it especially when it’s just on the label. It’s not even on the card itself.

1 Like

When your perfectionism ocd acts up, always remember that we are collecting cards that we like, not dust-free flawless plastic.

Always remember.

8 Likes

I recently saw this listing (maybe from one of the members here): 2000 Pokemon Japanese Promo Porygon Fan Club 700 Point #137 Holo MINT PSA 9 | eBay

I would personally ignore something like that, I’d even ignore bigger damage because the cost and risk of PSA messing up a reholder probably isn’t worth it. Unless the case is literally missing pieces I wouldn’t touch it.

2 Likes

I have some that look way worse and it doesn’t bother me. If you were to get it re-cased there is always the risk that it comes back worse and you would feel more annoyed. Remember that PSA is just a company working out of an office, not a sterile environment so dust etc is going to happen regardless.

6 Likes

Recently I did receive a card back from grading in a PSA 10 and it has a lot more than just a small piece of lint under the case. There are particles over top of the card. I think in that situation it would be good to recase as who knows what kind of oils reside in those particles.
Instead of wasting money on recasing I just sold the card :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LINT! One two, three… four, five, six pieces! Take him away.
o3w0kwqt2p9c1

5 Likes

I had this happen to me with CGC. When their sports card grading scale changed, I sent a card in that was a 9.5 to be reholdered to a 10. They mistakenly reholdered it with the new label, but gave it the same 9.5 grade. They told me to send it back in to get the correct 10 grade. I did, and they reached back out to me saying they damaged the card during reholdering. :joy: Luckily it was like a $20 card.

2 Likes