Black Flame Ninetales officially recognized by CGC

I asked CGC if they would recognize the Black Flame Variant of the Unlimited Base Set Ninetales. CGC was somewhat aware of its existence but needed to see the card in person to determine authenticity. I sent them both a regular Ninetales and a Black Flame Ninetales for review.

With the help of this guide written by @pikachutcg , along with many inquiries to CGC by numerous collectors, I’m pleased to announce that CGC has now officially recognized the Black Flame Ninetales!

![](https://i.imgur.com/CnNhHnol.jpg)   

CGC will be releasing an article on this super cool variant tomorrow, but I thought efour should hear the news first! After all, this was a group effort! I will update this post with a link to the article as soon as it’s published. Check your collections! You may already own this super rare Ninetales!

Here’s the article: CGC Trading Cards Identifies New Base Set Ninetales Variant | CGC

35 Likes

Really cool!

2 Likes

Love the recognition of varients! Case in point why CGC may excel.

2 Likes

But the labels are blue!!!111

8 Likes

Awesome, now do the same for Base set 2 blue flame Magmar. :blush:

3 Likes

I didn’t even know this existed but it looks awesome!

2 Likes

Haha they’ve got pluses and minuses

1 Like

Congrats! Not a minor effort for any grading company to recognize anything from the norm as Gary can tell you. Though PSA did just slap on the Logan Paul thing a bit nonchalantly.

2 Likes

Wow interesting. Good to see them recognizing more variants.

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome! This variant looks so much better imo, great job @fritz

1 Like

Ninetales has all the best names for when it comes to printing error variants. Black Flame makes her more seductively metal then she already is. These CGC’s make me laugh, like yeah we’re going to publish big announcements going forward in our edition acceptance over our competitors meanwhile looking daringly as bad as PSA lamels on top.

1 Like

How did you request this variant to be recognized? I would like to try to do something similar.

Might make sense to reach out to Charlie first

@kingboo64, you can message CGC Trading Cards on Instagram. That’s what I did.

1 Like

Just bought a Ninetails today haha. Can someone tell me the difference between regular and black flame Ninetails? I’m intrigued :blush:

The original post has a link to the comparison.