BGS Pop report for my slab shows no population? Mis-labeled?

Edit:

I reached out to BGS customer support and they had the missing slabs show up in the pop report. Total pop is now 35, so quite a few of these slabs were missing from the pop report.

I bought this BGS 9.5 slab through PWCC a few months back I believe. I recently saw another PWCC auction go up for the same card and same grade (9.5) but PWCC labeled the auction as “BGS Population 1 of 1 - None Graded Higher” which led me down this rabbit hole…

My card serial number: 0013377204

Their card serial number: 0014620670

I tried to directly link to the card lookup on bgs registry but the link didn’t seem to work. But you can search starting here: Beckett Graded Card Lookup - BGS | BVG | BCCG.

I’m wondering why:

• My card details show that pop report is empty. Total Pop is 0, but obviously my card exists in the registry
  • There are 2 separate labels for this card (229/BW-P) in the BGS card lookup (and on the slabs themselves). Why? How did this happen? My slab was graded in August 2021. This new slab on auction was graded August 2022.
  • How can I go about fixing this problem? Has anyone dealt with something similar before?
  • Is it possible there are other (different) labels for this same card elsewhere? Is BGS pop report broken in this sense?

Edit:
Adding some photos of the labels for each card.

Mine:
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.36.14 PM

Theirs:
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.35.48 PM

1 Like

Whats the card? The links arent showing us.

Oh weird, the card is 229/BW-P, full art pikachu from 15th anniversary.

I’ll try and edit my original post, but the serial numbers for the cards are:

Mine: 0013377204

Theirs: 0014620670

1 Like

I’ve noticed this on BGS’ pop reports before. I think they are just buggy/unreliable with how they label cards. In your case, I would guess that they changed how they label that card. Which might make sense as to why yours doesn’t show anything on the pop report, but does show the card details when you search the cert number.

This seems to be a common issue with BGS for some reason…

2 Likes

I agree fully with what @sircharleszard has said. The bgs 9.5 and the 9 were graded after yours was graded and theyve simply named it slightly differently to yours. Yours not showing in the pop report for your name isnt a surprise either. Best thing to do is contact them and at least get put into your pop or even better into the one with the other 2 or theres into yours seeing as yours was graded first.

1 Like

Sort of a bummer to see. I was honestly surprised to see the pwcc auction saying the slab was a pop 1 and I had to go verify my slab was a different serial number.

Ty @sircharleszard and @jac2357 for your replies! I’ll reach out to Beckett and see what they do

2 Likes

I too would like to know an answer. i have a black label “rescue dx pikachu” that says zero pops. i like to think im the only one that has it but what are the chances.

1 Like

I reached out to BGS customer support and they had the pop report fixed for the label I pointed out. Lo and behold, the total pop went from only 3 cards to 35 total. So my old label already had a pop of 32 cards before they randomly decided to create a new label

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll try emailing them again. The last time I emailed, there was no reply. It was some time last year though.

I initially submitted my request via their website contact form but didn’t hear back for a week, so instead I emailed them directly at customerservice@beckett.com . They responded pretty quickly to my email

1 Like

Just checked pop report again and looks like they were able to update it ^__^. 6 graded card and only 1 black label. That’s Me :smile:

2 Likes