BGS over PSA?

lol good old OPC premier Jagr

1 Like

I wouldn’t sleep on german cards… the 1st Edition Base set boxes saw a price hike of 200-300% in the last 3 Months and 300-400% in the last year.
I’m pretty sure that the german market is one of the healthiest now, it covers roughly 100 mio native speakers and all are wealthy countries.

1 Like

I saw someone on here willing to purchase at $1600 for a PSA 10, which is more than I thought it could potentially be worth. Nowhere near an English card, but I’m getting some offers from German people on Discord lol. I’m going to hold onto it for a long time either way, it’s one of the Charizard’s I grew up with :slight_smile:

So I have been doing it all wrong, going through PSA? :X

So grading PSA is the way to go and if you hit multiple 10’s, you can send them to Beckett to regrade them with their scale.
But will Beckett determinate the grade just by inspecting the card inside the case? is that enough for them for the definitive grade?

If you’re really adamant about adding BGS to your grading process it’s far better to take your best examples and send them in with a min qualifier of 10, and when they come back to you ungraded send them to PSA. They’re harsher on cards inside a case as they don’t want to break the case if it’s not going to qualify.

2 Likes

perfect solution for me, thanks!

What @cullers said above is something I agree with strongly. It would have been crazy for @garyis2000 to do it, but I am fairly certain he would have had better odds crossing his psa 10 base 1st holos to BGS 10 if he would have cracked them out. Again it is quite unrealistic to do though. For anyone unfamiliar with the story he once sent dozens of PSA 10 base 1st holos to BGS for crossover with a BGS 10 min grade. As far as I recall none of them crossed.

Maybe Gary could come back to verify that and give us the actual numbers. I’d also be interested to hear your thoughts Gary on if you’d have had a better shot at crossing if the cards were cracked raw? I mean there is not doubt the case obscures things and I’ve never fully understood encased crossovers at all.