Best Scanners?

What scanners do people use to scan pictures of their cards? What are the best ones and do you have any examples of scans you’ve been able to produce?

1 Like

This has been asked before and I think the entire forum agrees the best scanner you can get is the Epson Perfection V37 (V370 in certain markets).

2 Likes

Can you really scan PSA slabs with it?
My HP Photosmart AIO is unable to scan PSA slabs because of the lid not closing down enough

Yes, the reason this forum chose it specifically was its ability to scan graded cards very well.

Here’s one of mine for an eBay listing;

P.S. Avoid HP like the plague.

Edit: it appears my watermarking software has significantly reduced the quality of the original scan. =(

1 Like

Yeese the v370 is besstmode :sunglasses::fire:

P.s I’mma gonna get the first PSA 10 zapdos :alien:
If I ever get around to grading since ive graded 3 cards in 2017. :sunglasses::hammer:

1 Like

Heres a good example of the scan i can get from my Brother DCP-1610W series

The damages can be seen very clearly, bare in mine there were 9 cards next to each other in the scanner and i cropped this cards imagedown so it was by itself, so it can pick up the small details rather well

1 Like

Wait, why do people not just use a camera? I like to think my smartphone camera pictures show the cards well enough, too.

Example:

imgur.com/a/j0WZO

Thank you all for the feedback! Sorry Oz for not realising. I know there are often threads already made for these types of things but I was a bit lazy. One thing I might suggest, and feel free to say if I’m being overzealous in suggesting this, but could we pin a few more threads here and there, for the more frequently asked questions or questions that might be helpful to people starting out in the hobby?

Threads discussing the most widely approved scanners, explanations on how to use buyee, noppin, etc, PSA grading and how it works and so on, they all feel like quite important topics that could be kept pinned for new users. It would also probably prevent people from making new threads about them every third day or so.

Again, sorry if it’s not my place to make this suggestion.

1 Like

Aesthetically scans are much more appealing. It’s more pricey, but for people who are willing to invest that bit more into the hobby and displaying their cards professionally online I would say scans bring the level of how a card looks up a hell of a lot.

No need to apologise to me mate, I’m not the law maker here! :slight_smile:

It was merely a suggestion to search the thread so you can see the previous discussion on it.

Yes because you aren’t required to shut the lid foir the scanner to work. Actually, I never shut the lid when scanning because I like to experiment with different backgrounds besides plain white.

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/cis-vs-ccd-scanner-lens-warning-info/13730/1

1 Like

I can scan with the lid open, but than the scanner has shading over the white background giving a terrible scan effect.

Have you tried using white paper or anything else as a background? I use all kinds of stuff such as cards, paper, shirts; anything really.

It’s hard to know what to do at times. The mods may jump on you for reviving a 6 month old thread.

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-index-of-elite-fourum-articles-updated-march-21-2021/13979/1

lol this is actually how I found the other thread about the scanners.

2 Likes