Bash’s Collection (PSA Delta Species) Holos Complete!

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to make this post to document my collecting of Delta Species Metal/other type cards. It’s all started with this Dragonite.

This was my most favorite childhood card and I remember loving it. Eventually I learned that I could make money by selling my cards on eBay, which I did when I was around 13. So I sold all my cards and kinda forgot about Pokémon for a little bit. Fast forward a few years to when I was 16. I wanted extra money for my car so I started buying and selling Pokémon cards again. I never really kept any while I did this but it was so amazing to have these cards pass through my hands. I did that for a couple of years. Buy a collection and sell it as singles.

Eventually I turned 18 and my job was paying me more than enough money and I sold my eBay business to my little sister who was 14 at the time and wanted to buy and sell cards like I did. She ran it so much better than I ever did, lol.

Fast forward a couple of years and covid hits. I started selling cards again in late 2019. Made great side money but this time after I bought a collection I’d put a card or 2 I like the most to the side. Eventually fell in love with collected and started buying like crazy. I was regularly watching gemmintpokemons YouTube videos and his collection inspired me to start my own. He told me to start small and collect what I love.

So I went to my favorite childhood card and bought a PSA 9 of it. Best decision I’ve ever made! I started diving deeper into Pokémon and decided I wanted to collect every metal type/other type delta species card in a PSA. So I purchased a few I’ve never owned but loved the Pokémon. The flygon is definitely a favorite of mine now.

Picked up this guy at the same time!

I know these aren’t crazy expensive or anything but it makes me so happy to buy them and add them to my collection! Im trying to do it slowly and take my time. I enjoy the process so much! Thanks for reading! I’ll update when I get more!

29 Likes

Solid story, solid update, solid cards! Awesome! Please don’t forget about the glorious Steel Delta Species Raichu!!

1 Like

Thanks man!! I’ve already got my eye on one!

1 Like

Update!
Came back from a trip and had these beautiful cards in the mail!

This Tyranitar is so dark and I love it!

This Metagross is the next card I got and I actually had it as a child. I showed it to my mom and she said she actually remembers picking it up off the floor multiple times. Guess I needed to learn how to treat my cards better! Lol

And last but certainly not least is these unbelievably gorgeous Gyarados. I am just loving this art. Probably one of my favorite cards now! And I never would have even known about it without starting this collection!

Seriously this card is so amazing^^

13 Likes

Great collection! Delta Species is one of my favorite card types there are just so many bangers! Are you planning on going for the Delta exs from Crystal Guardians and Dragon Frontiers too or just the regular holos?

1 Like

The Holon Flygon is one of my favorites from the Delta-era, beautiful colors.

3 Likes

So my plan was to just start with the metal/other type cards first. I think there are around 30 or so of them. They are just the regular Holos. Once I get through those I’ll most likely move one to the other delta species ones which would include the EXs.

1 Like

Quit Pokemon right before late ex series, around EX Emerald. After coming back to Pokemon, I’ve really started to appreciated late EX like Crystal Guardians, Holon Phantoms, Dragon Frontiers etc. Delta species is a brilliant idea from Pokemon.

I know the reverse holos of the cards you posted are rarer but holos just hit different. So fuego.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more! The reverse Holos are cool and all but I love these the way they are for sure.

Delta Species holos are so unique and visually stunning. I have quite a few of these that I opened as a kid, but none in even remotely close to mint condition. They look so much better without creases and the holofoil layer peeling off lol. The Metagross in particular looks amazing. Gorgeous collection – keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks! Means a lot coming from you! I admire your collection a lot and all you do for the EX era. I remember the few I had as a kid, the edges always peeled off! Lol

1 Like

Hey Y’all! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is getting ready for the New Year! I’ve got a bit of an awesome update for my collection and it seems fitting to post it on the last day of the year!

Here is the first card I’ve added, my sister got it for me for Christmas and I’m still having a hard time believing it’s in my hands right now. She is so amazing and we collect together. Although she does mostly binder collections. Still can’t believe she got one of my grail cards. I love the way the flame on Charizards tail looks. Some of the best art work imo

Next up is another Christmas gift I got from my SS this year! Thanks again [mention]vic [/mention] What another unbelievably generous gift and I’m so excited about it!! I’ve always loved dragon Pokémon the most and Salamence is high on my list!

These next three I picked up in an auction from Probstein and couldn’t be more happy about! Starmie is definitely my favorite out of the three but Beedrill and Crobat are close behind! I love the blue coloring on the Starmie card around the text.

So for these next and final four cards I got are just the regular delta species but I just had to pick them up. I think I might be expanding my goal to include all the delta species holos :joy::joy:

This Feraligatr was my second favorite card from when I was a kid. I’ve been hunting a decent priced 9 for a couple of months so I’m so pumped to add it to my collection. While I was bidding on it I noticed this fiery red Ludicolo and had to have it. It went for a great price and I absolutely love the art.

These last two speak for themselves. What’s more EX era than delta species Deoxys? Still need to pick up the other two from the set but this is a great start and I’m grateful to own them!

Thanks for taking a look! Hope everyone has a great New Year!!

15 Likes

Wow great additions! Im ver nostalgic for the charizard and feraligatr too

They were some of my favorites as a kid and are creased from traveling to school in my pocket

1 Like

[mention]rybatony [/mention] Thanks man!
I know exactly what you mean. All my childhood cards had the same damage to them. I used to keep them in an old light bulb box lol

Definitely envious haha awesome job

1 Like

Hey y’all!
Got an update for the delta species cards! Just slowly picking up any I can when they go to auction. Here are the current additions:

Picked these two up from the same seller. I love the purple colors through out the Vileplume.

Next up are a couple of Dragon Frontiers holos! I love how most of the fire type Pokémon have a flaming outline and this Heracross is just amazing. I like the way the gold border of the Nidoqueen blends together with the metal type card.

Deoxys is one of my favorite legendary Pokémon and this one is probably my favorite out of the four delta versions. I am one away from having them all! Kabutops is also a favorite of mine and this card is one of the best imo!

[mention]kromaticlanturn [/mention]let me know about this amazing card. And it has easily become one of my favorites!! I really like Fukuda’a style when it comes to designing Pokémon.

Next up are a couple of Eeveelutions! Umbreon and Flareon (in that order) are my favorite out of the bunch. This Umbreon was a tough find and I could only really get it in CGC. Im hoping to get it crossed over one day. I actually don’t mind the CGC cases. The Flareon is such a beautiful card. I love how tough it looks!

Last card for this update is a Prerelease! There are three delta species prerelease cards and I had no idea they even existed. Happened to see this Exeggutor go up for auction and I had to have it! I love this style of art and am excited to add it to the collection!

Thanks all for stopping by! Hope everyone is good!

10 Likes

Wow, such a solid update! I’m not gonna lie, your collection is heavily inspiring me to pick up some more delta species! Yeah that steel Raichu is awesome, and I also adore that Vileplume. Congrats on these amazing additions and thanks so much for the shoutout!

1 Like

I’ve really started to appreciate the delta species cards recently. These are all beautiful - I’m jealous!

1 Like

[mention]kromaticlanturn [/mention] Thanks man!! You should definitely get yourself a couple! But I’m not impartial lol. I like collecting them because they aren’t too expensive and they all have pretty low pops.

[mention]kurodu [/mention] Thank you!! Glad to hear it! These cards are quite underrated imo.

1 Like

Got an update! Here are the newest additions to the Delta Species collection!

Picked up the blastiose from a PWCC auction. Just got it in the mail today! Super excited to have this one and for a decent price too.

Always felt like this two belonged together! The Latios is actually a non holo in the regular set but a holo in a theme deck and so I decided to grab it when it went up for auction. This Latias is one of my favorite arts so far!

These two really just speak for themselves! If I had to pick I think I prefer the Cradily over the Ampharos. But that’s just cause I’m a sucker for double type Pokémon cards.

Got a couple of amazing ones here! This is definitely one of my all time favorite Snorlax cards, I really love the green color through out. The Milotic is also a beauty too!

Last but not least is the Latios from EX Delta Species. Still need to pick up the Latias as well, I’ve got my eye on a couple. Just waiting for the right time!

Thanks for taking a look! Hope everyone is having a great day!!

9 Likes