Base set first edition booster box

How can you be so positive about the authenticity? I am just curious, as the booster box seems pretty good to me.

Same question with me. How about this one : link

Meet him in a police station as a “transfer point” & open the box on the spot

Bring a buddy to film it for us.

1 Like

LOL And then post the video on YouTube - probably go viral!

@majomaal

I need more photos for that one. But the other one posted here doesn’t have the Original sealing, it’s re-sealed. The cardboard looks also weird. I think the whole box is just a remake
 You can’t trust nobody these days with expensive pokĂ©mon stuff
 Don’t buy with any risk!!

This ^

Don’t make the mistake of taking it home first if you are planning on opening it.

1 Like

Well i Will still meet him probably tomorrow since i didnt have time today and there is not really an outcome possible where I Will take this home without being sure theres 36 closed first edition boosters inside :grin: But i really think the bottom is strange since everything is off about it. Especially the one corner where theres like a piece missing. And just the cardboard folding is different very strange!!

I’m told he would sell the Box for 3500 euro to someone from the Netherlands. But the buyer didn’t had the money.
If you are willing to drop in price that much, you know there is something wrong.

1 Like

If something seems too good to be true, it is.

1 Like

This box has been bought by a guy in Belgium
 https://instagram.com/p/BM-6KlwB6Sf

Yep i retracted my offer since i saw the condition of this box. Looks like They have already scammed multiple People. Also tried to buy it under an other name to check if the story checked out and once he told me he needed it to pay for the purchase of a house. Second time he told me he just Wanted to sell it to pay for other boxes + he was very eager to trade boxes for it. So all of this is already very suspicious
 Sadly alot of people i try to deal with in Belgium or the netherlands seem to not be legit.

Tfw you post 1st ed. Base box on your IG feed and instead of compliments all you hear is " lol it’s a fake bro! ".

The current state of this glorious item makes me a bit sad, so hard to locate genuine one.

2 Likes

@flawww first, welcome to the forum :blush:. My advice is to be careful with items like that. Don’t be afraid to ask anyone here for an opinion or advice on such a high end item, especially the the more experienced collectors and/or @smpratte himself. I do remember a few weeks ago, a member named @pokemonrevolution mentioned being scammed on the same type of product. I would recommend reading his post so you see how the scammer prepared the box. Other than that, welcome :blush: !

2 Likes

Yes first of all thanks for welcoming me. It is Nice to talk to People in a community of helpful and experienced likeminded collectors like this. A community of People who look out for other collectors and likely already prevent alot of collectors to get scammed by malicious persons. The topics on this forum helped me quite a bit already in judging sellers, seeing differences between fake and real boxes
 I hope this community keeps growing with collectors who have a love for this cards and keep helping others.

6 Likes

While we’re on the topic what do you guys think of this one?

imgur.com/a/TnPUl

I know someone selling one locally. She just had a kid and is selling all of her pokemon stuff, she has a toooooon of stuff and a 1st ed box that looks damn near perfect from the pictures i’ve seen. She said she got it about 8 years ago and it has been sitting until now.

Looks legit but no guarantees anymore lol. 95% regular unlimited though.

Sounds like the same girl who sold the one a few weeks ago.

I don’t question your assumption but what are the reasons to it being 95% unlimited?

The guy selling it pretty much stated this: i.imgur.com/G6woevy.png

He wants around 2500 euros for this box and I just wanted to own my first booster box xD

Realistically anyone selling a green wing charizard box claiming of a “chance” there will be shadowless packs will very likely know that you can simply peek under the top flap for your answer. Check out the third photo from the top. He cropped the bottom so you can only see the barcode. The side not shown is where the country codes would possibly be.