Base Set 1st Edition Thin Full List

From Quuador’s thread 1st edition stamp variations - ‘Let’s Iron It Out!’:

Unfortunately the photos in Acebren’s collection thread are missing. However, I’m trying to work out what the potential full list of Base Set 1st Edition Thin cards are. Here is what I have seen so far:

Alakazam
Blastoise
Chansey
Charizard
Clefairy
Gyarados
Hitmonchan
Machamp
Magneton
Mewtwo
Nidoking
Ninetales
Poliwrath
Raichu
Venusaur
Zapdos
Wartortle
Rattata

Is there any story behind how the non-holos got stamped this way or theories of other non-holos out there that are stamped 1st Edition Thin? Based on the layout of sheets is it possible this might be a full set or in theory is there only specific cards possible for this to happen with?

Untill I see a non holo rare with a thin stamp, I’m not convinced they exist.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-1st-Edition-Base-Set-Rattata-61-102-Thin-Stamp-Error/282852537596?hash=item41db5334fc:g:a~AAAOSwkNtaYJcg

Rattata is a non holo rare?

Ahh I missed non holo rare part - whoops!

Are you trying to say you think everything else is attainable with a thin stamp except for the non-holo rares? Example:

Alakazam
Blastoise
Chansey
Charizard
Clefairy
Gyarados
Hitmonchan
Machamp
Magneton
Mewtwo
Nidoking
Ninetales
Poliwrath
Raichu
Venusaur
Zapdos
Charmeleon
Dewgong
Dratini
Farfetch’d
Growlithe
Haunter
Ivysaur
Jynx
Kadabra
Kakuna
Machoke
Magikarp
Magmar
Nidorino
Poliwhirl
Porygon
Raticate
Seel
Wartortle
Abra
Bulbasaur
Caterpie
Charmander
Diglett
Doduo
Drowzee
Gastly
Koffing
Machop
Magnemite
Metapod
Nidoran (M)
Onix
Pidgey
Pikachu
Poliwag
Ponyta
Rattata
Sandshrew
Squirtle
Starmie
Staryu
Tangela
Voltorb
Vulpix
Weedle
Clefairy Doll
Defender
Energy Retrieval
Full Heal
Maintenance
PlusPower
Pokémon Center
Pokémon Flute
Pokédex
Professor Oak
Revive
Super Potion
Bill
Energy Removal
Gust of Wind
Potion
Switch
Double Colorless Energy
Fighting Energy
Fire Energy
Grass Energy
Lightning Energy
Psychic Energy
Water Energy

I’m not convinced there’s energy cards either, but I haven’t paid attention to the scene enough to know if one has surfaced. Basically, we know there’s uncommons/commons because we’ve seen them. I assume all the cards on the same sheet have the same stamp treatment.
Untill I see a non holo rare, I have to assume they don’t exist. Same with energy cards. Excluding double colorless; I think they’re are on the uncommon sheet, but could be wrong.

I do have a few energies which are thin stamped

2 Likes

Your original images linked to here are missing: www.elitefourum.com/t/acebrens-collection/12805/1, can you get some new ones going by any chance? I’d love to see what you had collected in the 1st edition thin “non-holo” variation!

2 Likes

Yeah RIP photobucket. It used to be THE place to upload pictures, until they put it behind some paywall. So many pictures have gone missing since. It makes no sense when you have 100000000 sites that let you do the same for free.

1 Like

illuminati confirmed