Base, Jungle, Fossil unlimited PSA 9

Hi Guys,

The price of most unlimited PSA 9 holos in the Base, Jungle and Fossil sets seem a fairly reasonable price to me (excluding the 3 starters)

Considering the prices of sealed product why are the 9’s so cheep for unlimited? Is it because they are printed heavily or easy to grade, for example.

They have shot up a bit since lock downs and people impulse buying maybe but in general they are staying quite low despite the sealed product going up and up.

Supply vs demand

Personally I think it has a lot to do with how its perceived as well. People like us are naturally drawn towards the rarer items and unlimited doesn’t sound very rare. PSA 9 is a great grade but with the mass amount of product and boxes being open, as of now, they aren’t that hard to find. which means there is more product then people are willing to buy at a certain price at a certain time.

Not as much demand for them but that could change with the increase of prices for 1st edition PSA 10s and 9s. More collectors could turn to Unlimited 10s then 9s. 1st edition PSA 9 prices were stagnant for awhile, so Unlimited 9s might also stay relatively low for awhile until the price of Unlimited 10s goes up more. Also if the Unlimited prices do rise you will probably see a lot more get PSA graded which will supply the demand and keep prices lower.

Based on the trends you have seen do you think the unlimited 9s are going to remain stable, dip or rise on the future? I haven’t been around long enough to know what might happen but they do seem a good value option compared to sealed product and you are likely to get 9s out of that on average

yes.

but in all seriousness just buy what you like and maybe you’ll make some money, maybe you wont. Ether way you’ll own something you actually enjoy and not just some cardboard covered in plastic.

That’s the problem tho, is it worth buying now or waiting. You might be able to get a lot more of what you like… or a lot less. I wish I bought that PSA 9 Zard when I first started looking at graded cards!