New Lord Beerus Card!

5 Likes

Seeing this stuff tempts me to do a @milhouse

3 Likes

@snap

5 Likes

They would look lovely in a PSA slab!!!

1 Like

These new DB cards are VERY different from the ones I have become obsessed with, but they are awesome all the same. It shows you can have a relatively cluttered card still look amazing and legible.

1 Like

Holiest of the holys, that card is sick! Definitely my favourite card for the week

1 Like

Too bad Dragon Ball Super is trash because Beerus is pretty cool.

1 Like

WHAT? TRASH? WHAT?
ARE YOU CRAZY WHAT!?

You speak lies!

Have you been watching it?

Yeah, I’ve been watching it. It was pretty miserable up until the Universe 6 arc, then it got slightly better. Still no where near as good as DB or DBZ in my opinion. The fights aren’t as crisp and the animation is just awful. To me, it lacks the sense of urgency in DBZ or the sense of adventure in DB.

I enjoy DBS, I’m glad they kept going. DBH cards are too awesome in my opinion, I really appreciate the holo effects.

I’m so glad they changed the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan form name to Super Saiyan Blue.

1 Like

You cant expect something that just popped up to be as good as DB and DBZ.

Even at the start of those shows it was pretty boring. If you want crisp animation just wait till the DVDs of Super are out so far they are looking better. I do feel as they rushed it out.

But to say that it sucks is just wrong if you call yourself a Fan of Dragon Ball.

I do love the cards here tho I might start picking them up.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m definitely a fan of Dragon Ball. I still play the games (and I’m thining about modding my PS2 to allow me to add new characters to BT3), I still watch the show, even would have driven to Milwaukee to see the last movie in the theaters with a friend if I didn’t have to work late, and I’m making Goku shirts for my football team when we play a tournament this summer. So, I don’t think there is any need to question my status as a fan. In fact, I believe a true fan can be critical of the things they like, even if that means not liking certain aspects, ie. Dragon Ball Super.

I think there are plenty of reasons why the show is not nearly as good as its predecessors, but I don’t want to hijack this thread to argue about it. I just won’t blindly defend it just because I’m a fan of the franchise. Not saying you are blindly defending it. You might truly enjoy the show, but I certainly don’t.

3 Likes

You have my Permission to argue the merits of Dragonball Super and Dragonball Z in general!

1 Like

I love Dragon Ball Z a lot when I was younger! I remember waiting for Dexter’s Laboratory to start on Cartoon Network when Suddenly the Blazing Red Eyes of Shenron appeared on the screen and it pans out to reveal a massive Dragon in the Sky with all these animals watching him. Than suddenly that guitar riff starts slamming and the coolest montage of Anime characters start playing and they are all destroying stuff and fighting, pure Chaos! Thats when my mind went to shit!!!

I haven’t seen Dragon Ball Super yet. I have only heard about the poor animation quality about it from various media. however the movies where very enjoyable. The only critique I had for it was the very clean aesthetic they have for Dragon Ball Z now. I really loved the gritty 80’s anime style look of the original Dragon Ball and DBZ series!

2 Likes

Well let’s hope that will change. I agree the animation is really crappy on it but storyline is building up. Sadly next few weeks will be the break of the arcs and just them relaxing and fooling around.

I cant wait to see Uub.

I hope you post photos of the shirts on here. I can’t to see them and that sucks about you working when they aired it in theater. I got to watch both the movies. It was great seeing all the DB fans coming together and making it one of the most viewed Anime Film in theaters in the U.S. 9th and 12th :grin:

btw where is the best place to buy these cards?

2 Likes

I thought the movies were really good, actually. If you watch Super, you could probably skip the first two sagas and see the movies instead since they hardly add anything new, aside from a few minor things. I really do hope that I end up enjoying the series more though :blush:

I’ll try to post the pictures once I have them done.

@killerred09 Ebay and Yahoo Japan!

I will admit that episode 42 had me very entertained. Although, they need to stop making excuses to get all the characters in one place at the same time. It seems very forced.

@milhouse if you like Vegeta you may like this card

www.ebay.com.au/itm/DRAGONBALL-HEROES-JAPANESE-Ultimate-Rare-UR-Card-GDM2-HGD2-22-VEGETA-/161759465343?hash=item25a99d8f7f:g:t-kAAOSwsLtVftRx

1 Like

Appreciate the tag but…

DBS

Although the card design is quite cool.

2 Likes