Authenitic 1st edition Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur?

For Base Set what I look for first is if the N in EDITION lines up with the middle of the gold rectangular box. If it does, it should be real. You can take a picture (or better, scan it) and zoom in reeeeeeally close and see if the stamp looks smudged. A real stamp should look incredibly crisp even up close. I think your cards are okay.

1 Like

The stamp placement and size seems correct on all of them.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Nothing is strikingly suspicious about the stamps. Congrats on your purchase, these are very nice cards!

All three look right to me.

You posted this on reddit and I told you the same thing that they looked correct

1 Like

Thank you for your response! Your answer and reasoning was exactly what I was after.

Even though there’s thousands of legit ones and only a few after market stamps we’ll be getting a bunch of these questions.

On this one though, what made you think there was a problem?

I didnt think there was a problem. I was only made aware of fake PSA stamping recently so I have become slightly paranoid that I may have a fake stamp due to its value. I guess my problem is that Im not a professional when it comes to Pokemon cards so I was seeking reassurance that they were authentic?

This should help solidify any reassurance you need to calm any worry you have about fake stamps:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdXTH_hqkUU

I set it, but just in case, relevant information starts at 26:05

cheers

1 Like