Arkhive's Collection (Updated 01/10/2021)

Hey E4, I’ve been wanting to create a collection thread for a while now but just kept putting it off. Finally took a photo of one of my cards so I figured now was as good of a time as any to start this. Not the best photographer but I’m hoping to get better and post some decent photos of my collection for you all.

Just one card today and it’s the only PSA ex card I own - Espeon ex from Golden Sky, Silvery Ocean. The ex era to me had some of the best artwork including this card but also the Ninetales ex and Rocket’s Snorlax ex. I recently moved back to Canada so buying the cards I want is going to be a bit more of a challenge (customs/duties :sob: ) compared to when I was in the US but I’m in no rush. It wouldn’t be fun if it was too easy. Cheers! Let me know what you think and I can’t wait to share my collection with you all.

14 Likes

Espeon cards have some of the most consistently good arts - this one being one of the exceptional ones. Ninetales also. Are you hoping to do graded only?

Definitely agree with you! I’m not doing graded only, I’ve got a couple of binder sets that I’m working on (full arts + full art trainers). Still missing about 10-20% of the full arts I’m looking for so when I’ve got that binder done I’ll post it :blush:

2 Likes

So…a sort of update on the collection but really more of a PSA to anyone buying/shipping graded cards. Got a full refund so no harm no foul but I’m not sure if the card can be saved. Figuring it out now so if I do manage to salvage it I’ll post an update. That aside this is a strong suggestion to anyone buying/selling graded cards to start using a cardboard box and not a bubble mailer, especially if you’re the buyer. I understand sellers want to save on shipping, I myself sell so I understand. However, if the cost is similar I think the added protection and peace of mind is worth it. Buyers, if you’ve a card coming in, request a box and pay for the box. It’s what I most likely will be doing going forward unless I know the seller does that anyways.

Anyways, the hunt continues for this one. Pop isn’t very high so…yeah. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Umbreon & Espeon are awesome cards. Reminds me of Pokemon Colosseum :blush:

Hey E4, I’m in a sharing mood today so I wanted to update this thread. These make up the bulk of my graded card collection and I’m very happy to have them. I graded the ENG Charizard myself and wasn’t expecting the 9 so when I got it back I decided to keep it as it was a nice grade of an iconic card. I’ve recently lost the spark for collecting so I’ve not added to these in a while as I’m not sure what I’d want to even add that’s within my collecting budget. I’d love to add some Crystals down the line so we’ll see if one pops up and is in my budget. Otherwise, even if I never add another card to this I’ll feel quite content as I nailed down two of my favourite artworks of all time in the Aquapolis/WFTS Tyranitar and Skyridge/SE Umbreon. I hope you enjoy pictures and art as much as I do :blush:

11 Likes

So many great cards. You must have some good lighting there to pick up the holos so well on some of them! Good luck on getting the Crystals!

1 Like

Thanks, it’ll be a slow and steady journey from here on out for me! Haha the lightings just a couple of desktop lamps with LED bulbs, kinda lucked into it as my office was too dark before so I added the extra lamp. Happy they came out okay :blush:

1 Like