Arita Autograph & Sketch - Blue Eyes White Dragon

I’ve never seen something like this before. Asking price is $5,000.

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/vault-marketplace/463766

@TCAGaming Thought you might be interested.

12 Likes

A pwcc employee had it/ one signed in Toronto. Not 100% sure its this one but could be i thought the one i saw was drawn in black marker but definitely a unique auto

wow!!!

From another dimension.

As a huge Yugioh fan, this pleases me greatly

Did Arita illustrate the original blue eyes? None of the cards have illustrator credits so I’ve always wondered.

I want to assume for the more iconic monsters from the original Yugioh that Kazuki Takahashi (author of the Yugioh manga) illustrated them. There are some examples in the manga where it looks like Konami lifted the card art directly from the pages. Like this Dark Magician for example

You can see it pretty much looks like it was traced from the source materiel. However there isn’t an example like this of Blue-Eyes in the manga other than it’s card artwork

Obviously, this is the same pose but doesn’t look the same as the actual card. So maybe they asked him to re-illustrate it for the card game. Or maybe they hired someone else to redraw it in the same pose. It would be so much easier if Konami actually credited their artists like every other TCG.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s cool. If I was a Yugioh collector I’d be seriously considering purchasing that.

Woah. I don’t collect Yugioh and I still want it :joy:

1 Like

This is definitely the one drawn in Toronto (looking at the date). Such a cool card! There is also a mega man out there

1 Like

How do people get sketch cards with the backing? Or those actually being sold?

Can’t speak for Yugioh cards, but I know Pokemon ones sometimes accidentally appeared in packs as a byproduct of the printing process. They’re talked about briefly in this thread under the section “Filler Cards”.

I was able to confirm that this is another one so atleast 2 of these got done. The one i seen was signed on the 4th.

1 Like