Are these resealed?

Just picked up like 22 Neo Discovery unlimited packs as well as a ton of other stuff from an old store owner, noticed that the top of the packs don’t have the “crimp” and look like they have been cut on the top. Just curious if they’ve been resealed? Is the crimp where they are normally sealed or would there be glue below it? Seems a little fishy but everything else I got from the guy is legit…

Interesting. I can’t really tell with the pictures provided. Might have to crack a few open

Yeah thinking about it, there’s like a tiny crimp below where they look to be cut, I’ve never seen Neo packs with a small seal like that though…

The second and fourth photo look odd to me. If you could straighten out the top of the packs and upload larger images that would help.

Either way re-seals can be a tough call when packs are handled such as these.

1 Like

Smells fishy to me… especially the second picture. It could just be from being poorly stored though.

I don’t own any Neo Discovery packs but comparing them to my other WOTC packs they look a bit dodgy. Doesnt look like a factory seal/cut to me but there are probably other members more experienced with these packs that can advise.

Yeah I’ll try to get some better pics, the guy closed up shop in like 2010 and just had a bunch of sealed product lying around, all the ex era stuff is legit though… can’t imagine Neo Discovery would’ve been worth the trouble of resealing back then?

Just cracked three and pulled a minty fresh Yanma holo on the third one! Still doesn’t explain why they look like they’ve been cut…

3 Likes

Those packs were definitely cut or something on the top, which was a little suspicious and probably would’ve been problematic had I tried to sell them. But now for the good news, they definitely weren’t resealed! :grin:

7 Likes

I was going to say, the best way to tell is just open one. Glad it all worked out! :blush:

1 Like

I’m late to this thread but would have asked why? Why would someone open and reseal one of those packs?