Are these figurines counterfeit?

Just picked up these figurines in a collection with a bunch of other authentic vintage stuff. Just wondering if these are counterfeits? My hunch is that they are due to the lack of discernable copyright info, but I have no experience in figures. Thanks for any help! :blush:

Iā€™d say theyā€™re counterfeit but Iā€™m not all-knowing. They were made in China and they lack any official PokĆ©mon logo, copyright or datestamp.

1 Like

If these were made in 1996 I could see some toys being branded Pocket Monsters instead of Pokemonā€¦ that being said the lack of dates and copyright info does look sus

1 Like

Really suspect that the text under ā€œPocket Monstersā€ is Chinese instead of Japanese. Did Pokemon even have official Chinese merchandise back then? Also, this is super anecdotal but Iā€™d like to say that Iā€™ve seen enough Chinese bootleg stuff to recognize knockoffs and IMO these products have a classic case of having ā€œknockoffā€ colors (cheap, off-tone ink being used).

1 Like

They look real!

1 Like

The lack of copyright information means they are unauthorized, though not necessarily counterfeit.

Most likely, the factory producing the product under license for Tomy repackaged the toys without Tonyā€™s permission for sale in China.

2 Likes

There is no copyright on the packages, and the designs are kinda odd, I would say fake

Iā€™d say bootleg. Youā€™ll see this a lot with counterfeit merchandise. I have some fake Bandai cards that I only realized were fake because they lacked the copyright info. The packaging is off too, though I think itā€™s kind of cool that they made the Wings on Charizard and the flower on Venusaur detachable.