Anyone know the story behind this particular card?

Not familiar with this one what so ever…

Seller had it for $100 USD and eventually got it for $60.

Seller didn’t know too much behind it other than it was hard to get and looked really cool lol.

I figured $60 was ok and took a chance.

Any help or info?
Thank you.

Per Bulbapedia;

This card was given to participants of the Plusle•Minun Tag Battle, held at regional Battle Road Spring 2006 tournaments between March and April 2006. It was reprinted as one of the Unnumbered Promotional cards with updated Generation IV artwork by the same artist and given to participants of the DP Tag Battle, held at regional Battle Road Summer 2007 tournaments between July and September 2007. These cards were necessary for the Tag Battle Rules version of the TCG utilized in the tag battles, which required two versions of this card to be included as part of a normal 60-card deck to initiate a partner switch.

3 Likes

Interesting. Thank you for that.

1 Like

Now you need to get the (superior) matching one

1 Like

Wow that’s a cool one. None graded I’m sure they aren’t too pricey if they can be found. I might have to look on the bay and see.

How come mine says no stamp? Is there multiple versions?

Yep. There is another with the Gold Stamp on it similar to a bunch of other Battle Road cards. Can’t find mine, but it looks like…

Jerk…

Lol

Nice PSA 10

1 Like

I found these guys. Is the stamped one worth more?

Good question. I’d like to know the same.

1 Like

I guess no one else knows either :grin:

I was gonna look on the bay to see if there are any price differences.

I think Bulbapedia is lacking information for this card. The 2005 Pikachu card has this information:

[No stamp] Battle Road Autumn 2005: Battle Road Stadium participation prize
[Battle Road stamp] Battle Road Autumn 2005: Battle Road Stadium Stage 3 winner prize

I’d assume the same applies to this card. The non-stamped version is merely a participation prize whereas the stamped one required winning stage 3, presumably meaning that there are 8 times fewer stamped versions.

8 times?

I’d guess that to win stage 3 you’d have to have first won stage 1 and stage 2? Unless my maths is wrong, I think that means for every 8 people who receive a participation card, only 1 would receive the stage 3 winner card?